Toys R Us will begin going-out-of-business sales in February at eight stores in Pennsylvania slated to close in April.
The closures include:
- 1061 N. Dupont Highway, Dover
- 100 Welsh Road, Horsham
- 6680 Peach St., Erie
- 3700 William Penn Highway, Monroeville
- 104 Bartlett Ave., Exton
- 2003 Cheryl Dr., Ross Park Mall
- 301 Oakspring Road, Washington
- 18/Valley View Dr., Beaver Valley Route
In all, the company, which filed for bankruptcy in September, will close 20 percent of its stores, which amounts to 182 locations scattered across the country.
"The reinvention of our brands requires that we make tough decisions about our priorities and focus," Toys R Us CEO David Brandon said in a memo to customers in January. "The actions we are taking are necessary to give us the best chance to emerge from our bankruptcy proceedings as a more viable and competitive company."