Philadelphia’s Pennsylvania Hospital (PAH) recently received the nation’s highest institutional recognition for patient care from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), following a unanimous decision from the Magnet Recognition Program commission.
Less than seven percent of all U.S. health care operations achieve this honor. In Pennsylvania, where 27 hospitals qualify as Magnet facilities, all five Penn Medicine acute care sites have been awarded this status: PAH, the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Penn Presbyterian Medical Center, Chester County Hospital and Lancaster General Health.
“We’re so honored to be recognized by the ANCC as a Magnet hospital,” Mary Del Guidice, PAH chief nursing officer, said. “I’m so proud of how our incredible staff worked together to become the living embodiment of what it means to be Magnet and am grateful for the support we’ve received from our Pennsylvania Hospital team … and the Penn School of Nursing. We are very fortunate to have such wonderful support -- from the bedside to the boardroom -- and we will proudly continue to exemplify everything that the Magnet program represents.”
Magnet distinction requires an electronic application process accompanied by rigorous documentation. Eligible organizations are assessed with on-site visits, followed by appraisals and voting. Earning the honor has proven to yield higher patient satisfaction and better communication.
"Magnet recognition isn’t just about an accreditation: it’s a mindset, an approach, on how we take care of our patients and our families,” PAH CEO Theresa Larivee said. “I’m impressed and moved by the dedication, focus and commitment seen in every interaction our staff have with patients and families -- and the consistency in which it is delivered.”
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania ?
Next time we write about Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Students spend valuable time at Geisinger Lewistown Hospital
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Paint and Sip- Dragonflies
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Join us for our April Business After Hours networking event at Presque Isle Downs & Casino!
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Community Event: Annual Race Against Violence
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE - EMMAUS: Nazareth Business Council: Nazareth Area Update
- Nationally, public colleges, universities face borrower default rate of 11.28%
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Community Event: Film Screening and Panel Discussion: The Hunting Ground
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE - EMMAUS: Natural Food Group Tour/Luncheon, Whitehall Area Chamber
- GREATER DUBOIS CHAMBER OF COMMERCE & ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT: Clarion University SDBC Workshop: Why Export?
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE - EMMAUS: Lunch & Tour of Vitra. by East Penn Chamber of Commerce and Western Lehigh Chamber of Commerce