The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), currently initiating new practitioner payment systems, requests input from health care professionals regarding criteria for determining physician payments per a new federal law.
Pennsylvania hospitals and health systems will be updated by The Hospital & Healthsystem Association of Pennsylvania (HAP) as it coordinates communication with practitioners to bring consistent quality of care to all patients and consumers during the period of modification.
CMS — with offices in Baltimore and Washington, D.C. — released a draft of its Quality Measure Development Plan to smooth the transition to the new system, which will be based primarily on the quality of care rather than the numerical measurement of services and which was mandated by the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015 (MACRA).
MACRA will phase out three existing payment criteria — the physician quality reporting system, value-based payment modifier and meaningful use — while incorporating relevant portions of those measurements into the new Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS). In addition, an Alternative Payment Model (APM) system is under consideration.
Expected standards of focus include four aspects of care: person and caregiver-centered experience of care; patient-reported outcomes and patient health outcomes; communication and care coordination; and appropriate resource use.
CMS encourages comments and questions by March 1.
HAP will continue to monitor the changeover.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Hospital & Healthsystem Association of Pennsylvania ?
Next time we write about Hospital & Healthsystem Association of Pennsylvania, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Community Event: Film Screening and Panel Discussion: The Hunting Ground
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE - EMMAUS: Natural Food Group Tour/Luncheon, Whitehall Area Chamber
- GREATER DUBOIS CHAMBER OF COMMERCE & ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT: Clarion University SDBC Workshop: Why Export?
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE - EMMAUS: Lunch & Tour of Vitra. by East Penn Chamber of Commerce and Western Lehigh Chamber of Commerce
- CHESTER COUNTY PA: County Commissioners proclaim April as Fair Housing Month
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Join Chester County Hospital in raising awareness about organ, eye and tissue donation
- CUMBERLAND COUNTY, PA: Recycling & Waste Authority Monday, April 16, 2018
- Analysis: Pennsylvania homeowners pay the sixth highest property tax rate in the U.S.
- 306,553 U.S. borrowers in default on student loans from public colleges, universities
- DAUPHIN COUNTY, PENNSYLVANIA: Dauphin County Commissioners and Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. to host free paper shredding event in celebration of Earth Day