Pep Boys, the well-known automotive service and retail chain, recently announced that a proposal received from New York’s Icahn Enterprises LP to acquire the company for $16.50 per share in cash comprises a "superior” offer.
The company made the announcement from Philadelphia, where it operates its corporate headquarters. The firm’s board of directors accepted Icahn’s offer on Dec. 20 after consulting with its independent legal and financial advisors. This effectively toppled the potential merger with Bridgestone Retail Operations LLC announced on Oct. 26, which would have sold all shares for the price of $15 per share. In addition to Pep Boys’ agreement to accept Icahn’s offer, it notified Bridgestone of the intention to terminate its previous plan as of Dec. 23.
Rothschild is acting as the exclusive financial advisor to Pep Boys; Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP is acting as legal advisor.
The Pep Boys -- “Manny, Moe & Jack” -- have been a fixture on the American retail landscape since 1921. The business operates more than 7,500 service bays across the nation and in Puerto Rico, offering name-brand tires, maintenance and repairs, parts and professional guidance.
The company also provides delivery of commercial auto parts, along with fleet maintenance and repair.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about The Pep Boys Company ?
Next time we write about The Pep Boys Company, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- GREAT PHILADELPHIA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Gear Up for Small Business Growth
- GETTYSBURG ADAMS CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Economic Outlook Breakfast
- GANNETT FLEMING, INC.: Gannett Fleming Wins MTA LIRR Design-Build Contract
- EXTON REGION CHAMBEROF COMMERCE: Giving Has Never Tasted So Good – Sweet Charity 2018
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Reception for US Congressman Charlie Dent
- 585,402 U.S. borrowers in default on student loans
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: 2018 Commercial Real Estate Outlook
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Manufacturing Advanced Expo Coming May 10th
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Frankie Results NUTRITION WORKSHOP
- FNB CORPORATION: F.N.B. Corporation Schedules First Quarter 2018 Earnings Report and Conference Call