Cigna-HealthSpring, a Nashville-based Cigna affiliate delivering senior care through Medicare and Medicaid, recently announced a new partnership with Philadelphia-based Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson Health in time for 2016 health care plan coverage.
The alliance will streamline care coordination, access to practitioners and the level of personalized care for patients in the tri-state region. Jefferson’s hospitals, which include Thomas Jefferson University Hospital and Jefferson Hospital for Neurosciences, will fall within the in-network plan for customers selecting a Cigna-HealthSpring Medicare Advantage plan during fall open enrollment for 2016. Methodist, Abington Memorial and Lansdale Hospitals will also be included in the coverage agreement.
“Cigna-HealthSpring … puts the patient-physician relationship at the center of everything we do,” Dr. Laura Reich, Cigna-HealthSpring’s market manager for Pennsylvania and the mid-Atlantic region, said. “Through our Partnership for Quality program, we provide valuable resources to health professionals like extra in-office nurses, pharmacists to help with medication reconciliation and medication management and disease registry technology to improve the health specific to the needs of the Medicare population.”
The plan’s Partnership for Quality (P4Q) program has already proven effective in reducing costs and saving time, while improving follow-up care for patients transitioning after hospital discharge.
“By expanding our partnership, together we are able to increase healthcare access for residents in the tri-state area, close gaps in care and proactively address health issues before they become more serious and more costly,” Anne Docimo, Jefferson’s chief medical officer, said. “Our shared goals put the patient at the center and empower our physicians to improve health outcomes and provide a personalized customer experience.”
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Cigna-HealthSpring ?
Next time we write about Cigna-HealthSpring, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- GREATER DUBOIS CHAMBER OF COMMERCE & ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT: Clarion University SDBC Workshop: Why Export?
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE - EMMAUS: Lunch & Tour of Vitra. by East Penn Chamber of Commerce and Western Lehigh Chamber of Commerce
- CHESTER COUNTY PA: County Commissioners proclaim April as Fair Housing Month
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Join Chester County Hospital in raising awareness about organ, eye and tissue donation
- CUMBERLAND COUNTY, PA: Recycling & Waste Authority Monday, April 16, 2018
- Analysis: Pennsylvania homeowners pay the sixth highest property tax rate in the U.S.
- 306,553 U.S. borrowers in default on student loans from public colleges, universities
- DAUPHIN COUNTY, PENNSYLVANIA: Dauphin County Commissioners and Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. to host free paper shredding event in celebration of Earth Day
- DAUPHN COUNTY, PENNSYLVANIA: Northern Dauphin Human Services Center and Valley Strong initiative to host career fair on April 20
- GANNETT FLEMING, INC.: Two Gannett Fleming Projects Receive ACEC NY Diamond Awards