Pennsylvania Farm Bureau (PFB) recently announced the appointment of David Bentrem, a cattle farmer in western Pennsylvania’s Washington County, to its national Young Farmers & Ranchers Committee for the 2016-2018 term, effective in March.
“I feel fortunate and excited to be named to the committee and am looking forward to the opportunity to share experiences with young farmers from other states,” Bentrem said. “I hope to enhance AFBF’s program by bringing my personal experiences to the committee. I also plan to bring what I learn back to Pennsylvania to help improve our efforts to engage and educate young farmers in the commonwealth.”
Bentrem raises and markets grass-fed beef on his farm, Three D Ranch LLC, which he then sells directly to the public. As a committee member, he will participate in program planning, including competitive events and AFBF’s annual “Harvest for All.” He has also served PFB at the state level.
“David has done an outstanding job as a member of Pennsylvania Farm Bureau’s Young Farmer and Rancher Committee, and I am confident he’ll play a major role in bringing fresh ideas to the national committee,” PFB President Rick Ebert said.
Committee delegates, who are are nominated by their own state bureaus, join in leadership programs and other professional development activities during their tenure. The Young Farmers & Ranchers program is designed for men and women from the ages of 18 to 35.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Pennsylvania Farm Bureau ?
Next time we write about Pennsylvania Farm Bureau, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- GREAT PHILADELPHIA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Gear Up for Small Business Growth
- GETTYSBURG ADAMS CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Economic Outlook Breakfast
- GANNETT FLEMING, INC.: Gannett Fleming Wins MTA LIRR Design-Build Contract
- EXTON REGION CHAMBEROF COMMERCE: Giving Has Never Tasted So Good – Sweet Charity 2018
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Reception for US Congressman Charlie Dent
- 585,402 U.S. borrowers in default on student loans
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: 2018 Commercial Real Estate Outlook
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Manufacturing Advanced Expo Coming May 10th
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Frankie Results NUTRITION WORKSHOP
- FNB CORPORATION: F.N.B. Corporation Schedules First Quarter 2018 Earnings Report and Conference Call