Through its Affordable Housing Program (AHP), the Federal Home Loan Bank of Pittsburgh (FHLB) recently approved $23.8 million in grants for 63 housing projects to benefit low to moderate-income Pennsylvania households, including special-needs individuals.
Funding will be awarded for 43 rental units and 20 ownership initiatives to serve specific population segments: the homeless, senior citizens, those with physical or mental disabilities and victims of abuse or substance disorders.
Approximately one third of the projects are in rural areas. Various local groups collaborated with the bank to support all 63 AHP funding recipients.
"We are delighted to announce more than $23 million in grants today, making the 2015 funding round the biggest in our bank's 25-year AHP history," Winthrop Watson, Federal Home Loan Bank’s president and CEO, said. “It is truly our privilege to provide these funds to our member institutions to support affordable housing in the communities they serve."
AHP is one of the largest private sources of affordable housing grants nationwide. It is managed by FHLB’s 11 branches. FHLBank Pittsburgh acts as a liaison between global markets and local lenders with accessible liquidity, affordable housing opportunities and community development initiatives.
The bank is part of the Federal Home Loan Bank System, established by Congress in 1932 to provide security through all types of economic cycles in the U.S.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Federal Home Loan Bank of Pittsburgh ?
Next time we write about Federal Home Loan Bank of Pittsburgh, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- GREAT PHILADELPHIA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Gear Up for Small Business Growth
- GETTYSBURG ADAMS CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Economic Outlook Breakfast
- GANNETT FLEMING, INC.: Gannett Fleming Wins MTA LIRR Design-Build Contract
- EXTON REGION CHAMBEROF COMMERCE: Giving Has Never Tasted So Good – Sweet Charity 2018
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Reception for US Congressman Charlie Dent
- 585,402 U.S. borrowers in default on student loans
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: 2018 Commercial Real Estate Outlook
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Manufacturing Advanced Expo Coming May 10th
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Frankie Results NUTRITION WORKSHOP
- FNB CORPORATION: F.N.B. Corporation Schedules First Quarter 2018 Earnings Report and Conference Call