National Penn Bancshares Inc.'s shareholders recently voted to approve the merger of National Penn, based in Allentown, and North Carolina-based BB&T Corporation, subject to customary closing conditions and regulatory approvals.
“We are very pleased that National Penn shareholders have overwhelmingly supported the merger with BB&T,” Scott Fainor, National Penn’s president and CEO, said. “Partnering with a community-focused institution such as BB&T will benefit our shareholders, employees, customers and communities.”
National Penn Bancshares has approximately $9.6 billion in assets and operates 124 offices in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Maryland. Its partners and branches include its National Penn Investors Trust Company division, Institutional Advisors LLC and National Penn Insurance Services Group Inc.
In connection with the proposed merger, BB&T filed a Registration Statement on Form S-4, as amended, with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). The statement includes a Proxy Statement of National Penn, a Prospectus of BB&T and additional pertinent documents concerning the proposed transaction.
BB&T is a financial holding company operating banking subsidiaries in the eastern and southern U.S., with corporate headquarters located in Winston-Salem, North Carolina.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about National Penn Bancshares Inc. ?
Next time we write about National Penn Bancshares Inc., we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Lions Clubs International donates to GWV NICU
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE - EMMAUS: 5th Annual Nonprofit Collaboration Conference featuring Seattle Humor Blogger - Vu Le
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: “SOAR” Spring Weekly Bird Walks
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: 95th Annual Spring Show
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Community Event: Free Shredding Event at First Resource Bank
- Analysis: Homeowners in Pennsylvania metro area pay highest property tax rate in U.S.
- Analysis: College athletics grossed $31,832 per athlete in 2016
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Students spend valuable time at Geisinger Lewistown Hospital
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Paint and Sip- Dragonflies
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Join us for our April Business After Hours networking event at Presque Isle Downs & Casino!