To curtail the consequences of product recalls, Philadelphia’s ACE Group, a property and casualty insurer, recently took steps to strengthen product guarantees with its ACE Recall Plus and ACE Recall Plus for Small Business policies.
“ACE Westchester is always listening to our clients’ feedback and working to deliver the kind of coverage that they have come to expect from us,” Florian Beerli, senior vice president of product recalls for ACE Westchester, said. “As product recalls continue to dominate the news and pose risks for our clients, it is our aim to adapt our products to meet our customers’ needs.”
ACE Westchester streamlined its policy terms in order to help clients gain a better understanding of their benefits. ACE’s improvements include coverage for voluntary, involuntary and mandatory stock recoveries, market withdrawals or recalls; limits as low as $50,000; and a minimum premium of $1,000. Additionally, it stipulated self-insured retention for a $1 million primary limit in minimum amounts of $5,000 -- for small businesses -- or $10,000, with up to $15 million in limits available.
The company provides three main types of business insurance: coverage for component parts, consumer goods and consumable products. ACE Westchester’s policyholders enjoy consultant availability both prior to and after recall events, taking advantage of the firm’s flexible, customized approach.
“Beyond providing product recall services and products to our clients, we strive to adequately educate them about the very real risks of a product recall,” Beerli said. “By refining the terms of our policy forms and offering consultative and educational services within a single comprehensive solution, we are achieving this goal.”
ACE Group, one of the world’s largest broad-based insurers, provides a variety of insurance coverage to clients in 54 countries.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about ACE Group NA ?
Next time we write about ACE Group NA, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Ribbon Cutting: Penn National Golf Course Club House
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Earth Day Cleanup at Independence Hill
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: National Collegiate Acrobatics & Tumbling Association National Championships
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Community Event Nonprofit Workshop: What's Your Nonprofit Story: Message in a Minute
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Using a Home Test Kit and Smartphone to Test for Kidney Disease
- Analysis: Homeowners in Honolulu pay lowest property tax rate in U.S.
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Geisinger offers free melanoma screening days at select clinics
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Open Mic with Frank and Bob
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Healthy Kids Day
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: April 25, 2018- Business in the Dawn of the Lost Privacy World Networking Event