Lincoln University's undergraduate nursing program was recently accredited through the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
The program, which is currently in its third year, is now one of four baccalaureate-level nursing programs at historically black college and universities to receive CCNE accreditation. In addition to the inaugural class graduating this year -- with all currently practicing as registered nurses across the nation -- the program has seen enrollment numbers more than double since its creation.
“This is all great news and demonstrates the progress the university continues to make in its academic program offerings and equipping professionals to serve local, national and global communities,” Lincoln University Interim President Richard Green said. “Lincoln offers one of the best values for quality nursing education in the region.”
The CCNE accreditation means that the program meets both quality and integrity standards for nursing education.
“With emphasis on CARE -- compassion, advocacy, research and evidence -- we are preparing today’s health care workers and tomorrow’s health care leaders,” Joyce Taylor, director of Lincoln's nursing program, said. "We offer program features such as: smaller class sizes, an innovative digital integrated curriculum together with a state-of-the-art simulation lab, research opportunities and many more resources needed to prepare the next generation of nursing professionals.”
The accreditation for Lincoln's nursing program will remain in effect through 2020.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Chester County Chamber of Business and Industry ?
Next time we write about Chester County Chamber of Business and Industry, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Ribbon Cutting: Penn National Golf Course Club House
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Earth Day Cleanup at Independence Hill
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: National Collegiate Acrobatics & Tumbling Association National Championships
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Community Event Nonprofit Workshop: What's Your Nonprofit Story: Message in a Minute
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Using a Home Test Kit and Smartphone to Test for Kidney Disease
- Analysis: Homeowners in Honolulu pay lowest property tax rate in U.S.
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Geisinger offers free melanoma screening days at select clinics
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Open Mic with Frank and Bob
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Healthy Kids Day
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: April 25, 2018- Business in the Dawn of the Lost Privacy World Networking Event