Lincoln Financial Group recently named Kirkland Hicks its executive vice president and general counsel.
Hicks will be responsible for overseeing various functions of the company including law, compliance, government relations and corporate secretarial work. He will also offer strategic counsel to the senior management team and serve on the senior management committee.
Hicks was previously the general counsel and secretary for Towers Watson & Co., a professional services firm with a focus on risk management and human resource consulting. He also held senior counsel positions at one of Tower Watson's predecessors, Watson Wyatt Worldwide, Inc.
Before that, Hicks earned a bachelor's degree in computer science from North Carolina A&T State University. Additionally, he has a professional graduate degree in law from Duke University Law School.
“As a public company general counsel, Kirkland is a highly accomplished legal professional with broad experience in all facets of corporate law, including regulatory risk, securities law, compliance and M&A,” Lincoln Financial Group President and CEO Dennis Glass said. “Kirkland is a great addition to our organization, and I am confident that his leadership of our talented legal team will bring significant value to Lincoln.”
Hicks will begin his new roles at Lincoln on Dec. 10.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Lincoln Financial Group ?
Next time we write about Lincoln Financial Group, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Ribbon Cutting: Penn National Golf Course Club House
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Earth Day Cleanup at Independence Hill
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: National Collegiate Acrobatics & Tumbling Association National Championships
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Community Event Nonprofit Workshop: What's Your Nonprofit Story: Message in a Minute
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Using a Home Test Kit and Smartphone to Test for Kidney Disease
- Analysis: Homeowners in Honolulu pay lowest property tax rate in U.S.
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Geisinger offers free melanoma screening days at select clinics
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Open Mic with Frank and Bob
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Healthy Kids Day
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: April 25, 2018- Business in the Dawn of the Lost Privacy World Networking Event