All of Pennsylvania's tourism-related businesses and organizations are eligible to apply for Westmoreland County tourism grants, a program specifically established to support the county’s tourism assets.
The program is supported in part by the state’s hotel room taxes.
The merit-based awards are given annually by the Westmoreland County Tourism Grant Review Committee, Westmoreland County Commissioners and Laurel Highlands Visitors Bureau. The grants are intended to bolster businesses that enhance the visitor experience and increase overnight stays in Westmoreland County.
Applicants are encouraged to research and use current grant criteria and guidelines when writing their proposals; gain an understanding of the funding organization and its mission in order to best present their businesses’ assets; and be sure to follow instructions meticulously to avoid disqualification.
Many grant programs ask applicants to match funds, so applicants should plan ahead for such arrangements. Additionally, an organized and well-written application using supporting materials and documentation is more likely to be viewed favorably.
Candidates should feel free to contact grant sponsors with questions. Additional resources available for guidance may include local chambers of commerce, convention bureaus or visitor centers; economic, natural resource and development groups; and colleges, universities and local board members.
Thirty-three percent of the Westmoreland County Room Tax is appropriated for this grant program.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Westmoreland County ?
Next time we write about Westmoreland County, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- GREAT PHILADELPHIA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Gear Up for Small Business Growth
- GETTYSBURG ADAMS CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Economic Outlook Breakfast
- GANNETT FLEMING, INC.: Gannett Fleming Wins MTA LIRR Design-Build Contract
- EXTON REGION CHAMBEROF COMMERCE: Giving Has Never Tasted So Good – Sweet Charity 2018
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Reception for US Congressman Charlie Dent
- 585,402 U.S. borrowers in default on student loans
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: 2018 Commercial Real Estate Outlook
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Manufacturing Advanced Expo Coming May 10th
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Frankie Results NUTRITION WORKSHOP
- FNB CORPORATION: F.N.B. Corporation Schedules First Quarter 2018 Earnings Report and Conference Call