All of Pennsylvania's tourism-related businesses and organizations are eligible to apply for Westmoreland County tourism grants, a program specifically established to support the county’s tourism assets.
The program is supported in part by the state’s hotel room taxes.
The merit-based awards are given annually by the Westmoreland County Tourism Grant Review Committee, Westmoreland County Commissioners and Laurel Highlands Visitors Bureau. The grants are intended to bolster businesses that enhance the visitor experience and increase overnight stays in Westmoreland County.
Applicants are encouraged to research and use current grant criteria and guidelines when writing their proposals; gain an understanding of the funding organization and its mission in order to best present their businesses’ assets; and be sure to follow instructions meticulously to avoid disqualification.
Many grant programs ask applicants to match funds, so applicants should plan ahead for such arrangements. Additionally, an organized and well-written application using supporting materials and documentation is more likely to be viewed favorably.
Candidates should feel free to contact grant sponsors with questions. Additional resources available for guidance may include local chambers of commerce, convention bureaus or visitor centers; economic, natural resource and development groups; and colleges, universities and local board members.
Thirty-three percent of the Westmoreland County Room Tax is appropriated for this grant program.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Westmoreland County ?
Next time we write about Westmoreland County, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Ribbon Cutting: Penn National Golf Course Club House
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Earth Day Cleanup at Independence Hill
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: National Collegiate Acrobatics & Tumbling Association National Championships
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Community Event Nonprofit Workshop: What's Your Nonprofit Story: Message in a Minute
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Using a Home Test Kit and Smartphone to Test for Kidney Disease
- Analysis: Homeowners in Honolulu pay lowest property tax rate in U.S.
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Geisinger offers free melanoma screening days at select clinics
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Open Mic with Frank and Bob
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Healthy Kids Day
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: April 25, 2018- Business in the Dawn of the Lost Privacy World Networking Event