University of Pennsylvania Health System (UPHS), a leading healthcare system, recently entered into a collaborative agreement with Abu Dhabi-based healthcare giant VPS Healthcare, UPHS reported Monday from Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, creating a new cornerstone in healthcare.
“We believe the timing is right for such a relationship," Phil Okala, senior vice president for business development at UPHS, said. "VPS’ strategic view on how to manage chronic diseases, health and wellness, and the comprehensive delivery of healthcare services, makes it a good fit for this partnership.”
The two major healthcare systems entered into a strategic partnership, creating yet another benchmark for VPS as it continues to enhance patient care, research and education.
“It is a historic occasion for both organizations,” Dr. Shamsheer Vayalil, VPS Healthcare’s managing director, said. “We are very excited about the partnership; and for an internationally recognized and prestigious institution like Penn Medicine to partner with us, a private and multinational provider health system, speaks volumes for us.”
UPHS spokesman and CEO Ralph Muller praised the opportunity, commending VPS’s work in the UAE. The two entities will collaborate to create and improve conferences, care standards and ongoing education opportunities for medical personnel.
“Our approach has always been patient centric and in Penn we have a partner who shares the same ideology of putting patients’ interests right at the top of the list and gradually work from there,” Dr. Ali Obaid Al Ali, CEO of Abu Dhabi Hospitals, VPS Healthcare, said.
With programs already established to handle population growth and lifestyle-oriented illnesses such as diabetes or cardiovascular disease, the joint venture will further reinforce UAE’s Vision 2021 National Agenda, providing UAE citizens with top healthcare practices.
“This partnership could not have come at a better time,” Vayalil said. “UAE’s healthcare sector is the fastest growing in the entire Middle East with the government spending also witnessing an increase in recent times.”
VPS Healthcare’s senior director, Dr. Charles Stanford, concurred, underscoring UAE’s position as “poised for rapid transformation” and noting the area’s rapid ascension as a preferred international business destination, particularly with growth in the expatriate population and private insurance market.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about VPS Healthcare ?
Next time we write about VPS Healthcare, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Geisinger expands access to clinical trials through consortium with five other health systems
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: “Choosing an Appropriate Business Form”
- FRANKLIN COUNTY PA AREA DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION: Herbruck’s celebrates Franklin County warehouse in anticipation of new egg-producing facility
- GANNETT FLEMING, INC.: Gannett Fleming/WSP Joint Venture Serving as Construction Management Consultant for Durham-Orange Light Rail
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: LGBT Business Council & Hellertown-Lower Saucon Chamber HALO Benefitting Valley Youth House
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Ribbon Cutting: Penn National Golf Course Club House
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Earth Day Cleanup at Independence Hill
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: National Collegiate Acrobatics & Tumbling Association National Championships
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Community Event Nonprofit Workshop: What's Your Nonprofit Story: Message in a Minute
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Using a Home Test Kit and Smartphone to Test for Kidney Disease