Cigna-HealthSpring enrollees will enjoy a greater choice in service when the carrier extends its network to include an additional hospital, University of Pennsylvania Health System (UPHS), a healthcare facility serving the Greater Philadelphia area.
Customers signing up during this fall’s open enrollment for Cigna-HealthSpring’s 2016 plan will benefit from coverage of care provided by UPHS personnel at the in-network level when their plan begins in January.
“Cigna-HealthSpring collaborates with primary care physicians to help customers receive the services and care they need to achieve their health goals, with healthcare professionals and specialists they trust,” Dr. Laura Reich, Cigna-HealthSpring’s market manager for Pennsylvania and the Mid-Atlantic region, said. “Our collaborative programs have helped close gaps in care such as missed health screenings or prescription refills and improved follow-up care for customer’s transitioning from the hospital to home.”
Serving Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries, the company reminds Cigna-HealthSpring enrollees that they can call customer service with inquiries at the number listed on their ID cards from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., seven days a week.
“By expanding our relationship, together we are able to increase healthcare access for residents of the tri-state area, close gaps in care and proactively address health issues before they become more serious and more costly,” University of Pennsylvania Health System CEO Ralph Muller said. “Our shared goals put the patient at the center and empower our physicians to improve health outcomes and provide a personalized customer experience.”
As a leading academic medical center, Penn Medicine is committed to medical education, biomedical research and excellence in patient care.
The University of Pennsylvania’s medical school, the Raymond and Ruth Perelman School of Medicine, was founded in 1765 as the nation's first medical school. Together with UPHS, it comprises Penn Medicine’s $5.3 billion enterprise.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Cigna-HealthSpring ?
Next time we write about Cigna-HealthSpring, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Geisinger expands access to clinical trials through consortium with five other health systems
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: “Choosing an Appropriate Business Form”
- FRANKLIN COUNTY PA AREA DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION: Herbruck’s celebrates Franklin County warehouse in anticipation of new egg-producing facility
- GANNETT FLEMING, INC.: Gannett Fleming/WSP Joint Venture Serving as Construction Management Consultant for Durham-Orange Light Rail
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: LGBT Business Council & Hellertown-Lower Saucon Chamber HALO Benefitting Valley Youth House
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Ribbon Cutting: Penn National Golf Course Club House
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Earth Day Cleanup at Independence Hill
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: National Collegiate Acrobatics & Tumbling Association National Championships
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Community Event Nonprofit Workshop: What's Your Nonprofit Story: Message in a Minute
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Using a Home Test Kit and Smartphone to Test for Kidney Disease