A majority portion of Lockheed Martin’s 2015 funding has been confirmed with a $76 million contract from the U.S. Air Force for Laser Guided Bomb (LGB) kit production, the company announced recently in Archbald, Pennsylvania.
With delivery commencing in 2016’s second quarter, the contract for Paveway II Plus Laser Guided Bomb (LGB) kits signifies 100 percent of available funding for foreign military sales for the company. All the systems are designed and manufactured in Pennsylvania at Lockheed Martin's 350,000-square-foot production facility in Archbald.
"Our high-efficiency production lines enabled us to offer the U.S. Air Force a best-value solution for their LGB kit requirements," Joe Serra, a precision guided systems manager at Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control, said. "The Paveway II Plus guidance system significantly enhances overall system performance and precision and provides the U.S. Air Force with a cost-effective capability."
Bethesda, Maryland-based Lockheed Martin is qualified to provide three types of Paveway II MK-80 products. It is the exclusive provider for the Enhanced Laser Guided Training Round and Dual Mode LGB kits, having distributed over 140,000 training rounds, 770,000 Paveway II LGB kits and approximately 7,000 dual-mode systems to the U.S. armed forces. Lockheed Martin’s military customers include the U.S. Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force and 20 international clients.
A major security and aerospace company, Lockheed Martin employs approximately 112,000 individuals internationally. The firm primarily researches, develops and manufactures advanced technology systems, products and services, with net 2014 sales of $45.6 billion.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Lockheed Martin ?
Next time we write about Lockheed Martin, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- GREAT PHILADELPHIA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Gear Up for Small Business Growth
- GETTYSBURG ADAMS CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Economic Outlook Breakfast
- GANNETT FLEMING, INC.: Gannett Fleming Wins MTA LIRR Design-Build Contract
- EXTON REGION CHAMBEROF COMMERCE: Giving Has Never Tasted So Good – Sweet Charity 2018
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Reception for US Congressman Charlie Dent
- 585,402 U.S. borrowers in default on student loans
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: 2018 Commercial Real Estate Outlook
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Manufacturing Advanced Expo Coming May 10th
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Frankie Results NUTRITION WORKSHOP
- FNB CORPORATION: F.N.B. Corporation Schedules First Quarter 2018 Earnings Report and Conference Call