Following long-term research and field-testing of mobile field management platforms, Pennsylvania-based Wohlsen Construction Company recently signed a three-year partnership with FieldLens, a construction industry mobile communication app developer.
Wohlsen's technology and operations teams considered several mobile technology alternatives and eventually singled out FieldLens for its proven capacity to simplify communication, improve documentation and capture critical field information with precision.
“FieldLens provides our teams with a tool that offers them structure in an unstructured environment,” Wohlsen IT Director Ed McCauley said. “They encounter a tremendous amount of ‘stuff’ throughout the course of a day; and by using FieldLens to quickly capture, track and communicate critical task, our project teams are able to keep their projects moving forward. It's important that we outfit our team members with the best tool to do their jobs effectively, and that tool is FieldLens.”
Wohlsen offers construction management, general contracting and design/build services throughout the Mid-Atlantic region, focusing on senior living, education, health care and commercial markets.
FieldLens’ platform offers a way to simplify construction team procedures for logging, tracking jobs, staying on top of safety issues and reviewing drawings. The application’s ability to eliminate accidental duplication of data, its novel Drawings with LiveLayer feature—which connects construction drawings to realtime conversations happening on jobsites—and its interactive capabilities with Wohlsen’s existing Bluebeam software, ultimately won Wohlsen over.
“Our team is very excited to be partnering with Wohlsen Construction Company and to deliver a superior communication experience to their project teams,” FieldLens CEO Doug Chambers said. “On a personal level, I’m incredibly proud to call Wohlsen a partner, and I look forward to working with their team to ensure FieldLens helps make their projects as successful as possible."
Wohlsen Construction Company has offices in Lancaster, Harrisburg and Greater Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; New Castle, Delaware; Baltimore, Maryland; and Parsippany, New Jersey.
“In their 125 years in business, Wohlsen has demonstrated a commitment to innovation for the sake of providing value to their clients, and we are glad that FieldLens has been chosen as their tool of choice for managing how Wohlsen project teams communicate on the jobsite,” Chambers said.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Wohlsen Construction Company ?
Next time we write about Wohlsen Construction Company, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Students spend valuable time at Geisinger Lewistown Hospital
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Paint and Sip- Dragonflies
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Join us for our April Business After Hours networking event at Presque Isle Downs & Casino!
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Community Event: Annual Race Against Violence
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE - EMMAUS: Nazareth Business Council: Nazareth Area Update
- Nationally, public colleges, universities face borrower default rate of 11.28%
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Community Event: Film Screening and Panel Discussion: The Hunting Ground
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE - EMMAUS: Natural Food Group Tour/Luncheon, Whitehall Area Chamber
- GREATER DUBOIS CHAMBER OF COMMERCE & ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT: Clarion University SDBC Workshop: Why Export?
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE - EMMAUS: Lunch & Tour of Vitra. by East Penn Chamber of Commerce and Western Lehigh Chamber of Commerce