U.S. Rep. Mike Kelly (R-PA) and seven fellow Pennsylvania lawmakers recently sent a letter to Gov. Tom Wolf concerning the impact the state's budget impasse will have on the continued operation of public schools in the commonwealth.
"Apparently, Gov. Wolf has forgotten that the election was last year and that playing politics is no longer part of his job description," Kelly said. "This is not a game for the children, parents and teachers in our district who will suffer from his stubbornness. It's time for the governor to govern. Period."
Joining Kelly in sending the letter were U.S. Reps. Lou Barletta, Glenn Thompson, Keith Rothfus, Tom Marino, Tim Murphy, Bill Shuster and Scott Perry, all Republicans.
"We are specifically concerned about Title I, II and III funding, as well as federal grants provided through the 21st Century Learning Centers Program, which provides critical after school programs for at-risk children in our communities," the Congressmen said in the letter. "While this money is being held in limbo during your ongoing budget disagreement, school districts in more rural and urban settings are being affected the most. Unfortunately, the school children who need the most support are the ones who will be hit the hardest. Please do not allow partisan conflict to interfere with federal funding that should already be flowing."
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about U.S. Representative Mike Kelly (PA-3) ?
Next time we write about U.S. Representative Mike Kelly (PA-3), we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Geisinger expands access to clinical trials through consortium with five other health systems
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: “Choosing an Appropriate Business Form”
- FRANKLIN COUNTY PA AREA DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION: Herbruck’s celebrates Franklin County warehouse in anticipation of new egg-producing facility
- GANNETT FLEMING, INC.: Gannett Fleming/WSP Joint Venture Serving as Construction Management Consultant for Durham-Orange Light Rail
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: LGBT Business Council & Hellertown-Lower Saucon Chamber HALO Benefitting Valley Youth House
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Ribbon Cutting: Penn National Golf Course Club House
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Earth Day Cleanup at Independence Hill
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: National Collegiate Acrobatics & Tumbling Association National Championships
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Community Event Nonprofit Workshop: What's Your Nonprofit Story: Message in a Minute
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Using a Home Test Kit and Smartphone to Test for Kidney Disease