UnitedHealthCare will offer Medicare-eligible beneficiaries in western Pennsylvania additional choices based on new AARP MedicareComplete (HMO) Medicare Advantage plans available in 2016.
Allegheny, Beaver, Lawrence and Westmoreland County residents will be able to select from a wider array of affordable options in two new HMO plans. The first plan emphasizes affordability with a $19 monthly premium, while the second focuses on more substantial benefits, such as preventative dental care and lower co-pays, for a $49 monthly premium.
Pittsburgh-area Medicare beneficiaries can enroll in UnitedHealthcare’s Medicare Advantage plans during the Open Enrollment Period from Oct. 15 through Dec. 7.
“As the health insurance market in Western Pennsylvania continues to evolve, Pittsburgh beneficiaries deserve new health care coverage options from a company they can trust to provide stable, predictable benefits,” UnitedHealthcare’s Steve King said. “We look forward to bringing those options to beneficiaries with our new Medicare Advantage plans.”
Both plans aim to simplify members’ access to health care in comparison to their original Medicare coverage, offering a strong network of 1,500-plus primary care physicians, more than 6,000 specialists and 35 hospitals in the Pittsburgh area. Coverage will include annual physicals, a house-call program, more targeted customer service and round-the-clock access to support communications.
Additionally, members can depend on prescription coverage, routine vision and hearing care, and fitness incentives. Nursing home coverage will continue, and members who travel can participate in a “Passport” program to ensure continuity of care.
Providing Medicare benefits for more than three decades, UnitedHealthcare is the largest provider of Medicare Advantage, Medicare supplement and Part D prescription drug plans nationally. UnitedHealthcare serves nearly 925,000 Pennsylvanians, including nearly 338,000 Medicare beneficiaries.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about UnitedHealthCare ?
Next time we write about UnitedHealthCare, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Analysis: Counties in Virginia, Texas and Missouri pay lowest property tax rate in U.S.
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Leadership Franklin County Youth Graduation 2018
- DAUPHIN COUNTY, PENNSYLVANIA: Dauphin County Commissioners recognize Severe Weather Awareness Week and offer tips for staying safe
- CHESTER COUNTY PA: Chester County participates in National RX Drug Take Back Day
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Community Event: Walk for Paws
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Show Me The Money Bingo presented by Emmaus Main Street Partners and Emmaus Historical Society
- DAUPHIN COUNTY, PENNSYLVANIA: County Accomplishments 2017-18
- CHESTER COUNTY PA: Chester County launches “Venture Chesco” Fund to Encourage Development of Start-up Companies
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Community Event Nonprofit Workshop: What's Your Nonprofit Story: Message in a Minute to be Held April 27
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: POSTPONED - Children's Dental Health Grand Opening & Ribbon Cutting Ceremony - POSTPONED!