In recognition and support of national Manufacturing Day, Marcellus Shale Coalition (MSC) President David Spigelmyer issued a statement from Pittsburgh on Friday, remarking on the state of the manufacturing industry in Pennsylvania.
Manufacturing Day, established in 2012 to celebrate modern manufacturing and inspire the next generation of manufacturers, officially occurs on the first Friday of October. It aims to address common misconceptions about manufacturing, allowing manufacturers to open their doors and show what manufacturing is — and isn’t.
By connecting with the public, manufacturers can begin to address skilled-labor shortages, connect with future generations and take charge of the sector’s public image. Supported by industry sponsors and co-producers, MFG DAY coordinates a collective voice among manufacturers with common concerns and challenges.
Spigelmyer, in his statement, commended the potentially monumental shift in the energy industry now being witnessed by Pennsylvanians.
“America’s energy revolution – led right here in the Commonwealth – is breathing new life into our manufacturing sector, which has been battered for far too long, especially during the Great Recession,” Spigelmyer said. “While the region’s manufacturing obituary had been written by many, this critically important sector is being renewed … thanks to shale and Pennsylvania’s world-class workforce.”
Spigelmyer cited the advantages inherent in the Philadelphia area’s re-emergence as an energy hub, particularly regarding natural gas from the state’s abundant and affordable shale resources.
“Our region’s manufacturers are well-positioned to fully capitalize on shale’s energy savings that will help create good-paying jobs and further strengthen the Commonwealth’s economy,” Spigelmyer said, noting that shale already has created a manufacturing renaissance for Pennsylvania. With the right policies in place, Pennsylvanians can stand to benefit from this timely opportunity, Spigelmyer said.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Marcellus Shale Coalition ?
Next time we write about Marcellus Shale Coalition, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Geisinger expands access to clinical trials through consortium with five other health systems
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: “Choosing an Appropriate Business Form”
- FRANKLIN COUNTY PA AREA DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION: Herbruck’s celebrates Franklin County warehouse in anticipation of new egg-producing facility
- GANNETT FLEMING, INC.: Gannett Fleming/WSP Joint Venture Serving as Construction Management Consultant for Durham-Orange Light Rail
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: LGBT Business Council & Hellertown-Lower Saucon Chamber HALO Benefitting Valley Youth House
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Ribbon Cutting: Penn National Golf Course Club House
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Earth Day Cleanup at Independence Hill
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: National Collegiate Acrobatics & Tumbling Association National Championships
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Community Event Nonprofit Workshop: What's Your Nonprofit Story: Message in a Minute
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Using a Home Test Kit and Smartphone to Test for Kidney Disease