To improve efficiency within Pennsylvania’s legal system, Pennsylvania House Judiciary Committee Majority Chairman Ron Marsico (R-Dist. 105) advanced legislation this week to create commerce courts in the Superior Court and Courts of Common Pleas.
House Bill 323 would allow for expansion of a system based on the already successfully established Commerce Case Management Program in the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas (CCP), providing for dedicated judges to hear and rule on commerce and industry cases.
Acknowledging that businesses may not always agree on outcomes, Marsico praised the larger benefits of establishing a transparent and efficient process to encourage business growth.
“By establishing these specialty divisions, Pennsylvania takes an important step for growing our economy,” Marsico said. “It has been proven that businesses locate their operations based off the integrity, efficiency and predictability of the legal system.”
Along with HB 323, House Bill 470, to empower parole officers in case-management oversight, and House Bill 623, to prohibit anyone accused of sexual assault from being placed into the ARD system, also advanced out of committee this week.
The legislation will now go to the full House for consideration.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Pennsylvania House Republican Caucus ?
Next time we write about Pennsylvania House Republican Caucus, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Analysis: Homeowners in Pennsylvania county pay highest property tax rate in U.S.
- 114,405 U.S. borrowers in default on student loans from private, nonprofit schools
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Geisinger expands access to clinical trials through consortium with five other health systems
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: “Choosing an Appropriate Business Form”
- FRANKLIN COUNTY PA AREA DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION: Herbruck’s celebrates Franklin County warehouse in anticipation of new egg-producing facility
- GANNETT FLEMING, INC.: Gannett Fleming/WSP Joint Venture Serving as Construction Management Consultant for Durham-Orange Light Rail
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: LGBT Business Council & Hellertown-Lower Saucon Chamber HALO Benefitting Valley Youth House
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Ribbon Cutting: Penn National Golf Course Club House
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Earth Day Cleanup at Independence Hill
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: National Collegiate Acrobatics & Tumbling Association National Championships