Aimed at improving Pennsylvania’s business climate, a bill sponsored by state Rep. Seth Grove (R-York) to establish specific Commerce Courts was approved by the House Judiciary Committee on Wednesday, expanding existing programs for business-related cases.
Authorizing the creation of commerce courts in the Superior Court and Court of Common Pleas, House Bill 323 would allow for the expansion of the successful Commerce Court programs in the Philadelphia and Allegheny County Courts of Common Pleas, providing for dedicated judges to hear and rule on commerce and industry cases.
Passage would enable the specialized courts to handle complex business cases, including acquisitions, mergers, dissolutions and liquidations, in turn paving the way for improved economy in the Keystone State.
“Businesses are willing to locate themselves where they can trust the integrity and predictability of the legal system,” Grove said. “My legislation would improve Pennsylvania’s business climate by creating a transparent and effective judicial system. This will lead to more businesses and more importantly jobs in the commonwealth.”
Grove cited Delaware as a proven example of successful commerce court implementation. Acknowledging that businesses may not always agree on outcomes, the Congressman praised the larger benefits of establishing a transparent and efficient process to encourage business growth.
“Pennsylvania businesses and…owners will benefit from the creation of a specialty court staffed by judges who are well versed in both the substance and nuances of commercial law and business practice,” York County business attorney Neil Slenker of the firm Stock and Leader said. “I applaud Representative Grove’s efforts to improve the business climate in our state by establishing a commerce court in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.”
The legislation now goes to the House of Representatives for consideration.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Pennsylvania House Republican Caucus ?
Next time we write about Pennsylvania House Republican Caucus, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Geisinger expands access to clinical trials through consortium with five other health systems
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: “Choosing an Appropriate Business Form”
- FRANKLIN COUNTY PA AREA DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION: Herbruck’s celebrates Franklin County warehouse in anticipation of new egg-producing facility
- GANNETT FLEMING, INC.: Gannett Fleming/WSP Joint Venture Serving as Construction Management Consultant for Durham-Orange Light Rail
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: LGBT Business Council & Hellertown-Lower Saucon Chamber HALO Benefitting Valley Youth House
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Ribbon Cutting: Penn National Golf Course Club House
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Earth Day Cleanup at Independence Hill
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: National Collegiate Acrobatics & Tumbling Association National Championships
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Community Event Nonprofit Workshop: What's Your Nonprofit Story: Message in a Minute
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Using a Home Test Kit and Smartphone to Test for Kidney Disease