Family-owned Pennsylvania tech provider WPS Office Solutions recently earned a spot as one of the Best Places to Work in PA for 2015, joining the ranks of select businesses in a relatively new category in the statewide business initiative.
As one of the pioneering statewide programs in the U.S., Best Places to Work in PA has recognized outstanding enterprises since 2000. The initiative -- a public/private partnership between Team Pennsylvania Foundation, the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED), the Pennsylvania State Council of the Society for Human Resource Management and the Central Penn Business Journal -- designates winning companies by combining reviews of workplace policies, practices, philosophies, systems and demographics (25 percent), and results of an employee survey to measure the employee experience (75 percent).
“This recognition is particularly meaningful because it is based ... upon feedback received directly from our employees,” CEO Debra Dellaposta said. “Our WPS family has been the backbone of WPS Office Solutions from day one, and as the company continues to grow, we will continue to foster a workplace culture built on collaboration, innovation and mutual respect.”
WPS Office Solutions will be formally recognized at the Best Places to Work in PA awards banquet on Dec. 3 at the Lancaster County Convention Center in Lancaster. Rankings will be revealed at the ceremony. Tickets may be purchased online at www.CPBJ.com/events.
With offices in Altoona, Camp Hill and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and Hagerstown, Maryland, WPS offers document-management services and office products. Employee feedback featured on the company’s website indicates a high level of worker satisfaction, with a majority of staff polled rating the firm as having great challenges, atmosphere, rewards, pride, communication and leadership.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Carlisle Area Chamber of Commerce ?
Next time we write about Carlisle Area Chamber of Commerce, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Analysis: Homeowners in Pennsylvania county pay highest property tax rate in U.S.
- 114,405 U.S. borrowers in default on student loans from private, nonprofit schools
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Geisinger expands access to clinical trials through consortium with five other health systems
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: “Choosing an Appropriate Business Form”
- FRANKLIN COUNTY PA AREA DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION: Herbruck’s celebrates Franklin County warehouse in anticipation of new egg-producing facility
- GANNETT FLEMING, INC.: Gannett Fleming/WSP Joint Venture Serving as Construction Management Consultant for Durham-Orange Light Rail
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: LGBT Business Council & Hellertown-Lower Saucon Chamber HALO Benefitting Valley Youth House
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Ribbon Cutting: Penn National Golf Course Club House
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Earth Day Cleanup at Independence Hill
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: National Collegiate Acrobatics & Tumbling Association National Championships