The Chester County Planning Commission recently named Brian O’Leary, a public planning professional, as its new executive director effective on Oct. 5.
O'Leary has almost 30 years of public planning experience. Most recently, he was a section chief for the Montgomery County Planning Commission.
He also serves as president of the board of directors for the Pennsylvania Chapter of the American Planning Association, and is a government
representative board member for the Delaware Valley Smart
“We are pleased to appoint someone who has such an extensive background in public planning in Pennsylvania municipal government, as well as someone who is so highly respected within his professional community,” Chester County Commissioners’ Chair Terence Farrell said.
O’Leary was the driving force behind Montgomery County’s new comprehensive plan, "Montco 2040, A Shared Vision.' His projects, including studies of transitions in residential neighborhoods, workforce housing and mixed-use developments, have won recognition on both a state and national level.
Chester County Commissioner Kathi Cozzone noted that O’Leary’s experience will be invaluable as the county approaches its own comprehensive plan.
“We appreciate the expertise that Brian has gained in overseeing Montgomery County’s farmland preservation program – knowledge that is critical as we continue to support open space and farmland preservation in Chester County,” Commissioner Michelle Kichline said.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Chester County Commissioners ?
Next time we write about Chester County Commissioners, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- GREAT PHILADELPHIA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Gear Up for Small Business Growth
- GETTYSBURG ADAMS CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Economic Outlook Breakfast
- GANNETT FLEMING, INC.: Gannett Fleming Wins MTA LIRR Design-Build Contract
- EXTON REGION CHAMBEROF COMMERCE: Giving Has Never Tasted So Good – Sweet Charity 2018
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Reception for US Congressman Charlie Dent
- 585,402 U.S. borrowers in default on student loans
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: 2018 Commercial Real Estate Outlook
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Manufacturing Advanced Expo Coming May 10th
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Frankie Results NUTRITION WORKSHOP
- FNB CORPORATION: F.N.B. Corporation Schedules First Quarter 2018 Earnings Report and Conference Call