Ottsville-based Lampire Biological Laboratories recently unveiled plans to renovate its Everett facility's manufacturing capacity to perform specialized tissue processing as part of a new five-year, $5 million contract with an international Fortune 500 pharmaceutical company.
“We are not expanding our facility,” President and CEO Gregory Krug said. “Instead, we are renovating internal space, giving our staff an additional 3,000 to 4,000 square feet of CGMP manufacturing space.”
CGMP stands for "current good manufacturing practices," which are required to conform to the guidelines recommended by agencies that control authorization and licensing for the manufacture and sale of food, drug products and active pharmaceutical products.
With the contract, six new jobs will be added to Lampire’s work force, Krug said, including technicians, managers and biologists. Because the contract also calls for the purchase of specialized equipment and water systems costing $900,000, Lampire received financing from Catalyst Connection, Clearfield Bank and the Southern Alleghenies Planning and Development Commission in Altoona, Krug said.
“The company we are doing the work for was very impressed by our interaction with the Bedford County Technical Center. It was a factor in our receiving the contract. This has been a very collaborative effort," Krug said, in expressing appreciation to the Bedford County Development Association in moving the project forward.
Founded in 1977, Lampire Biological Laboratories consists of four high-tech facilities located throughout Pennsylvania, each dedicated to a unique biotechnology discipline.
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Geisinger expands access to clinical trials through consortium with five other health systems
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: “Choosing an Appropriate Business Form”
- FRANKLIN COUNTY PA AREA DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION: Herbruck’s celebrates Franklin County warehouse in anticipation of new egg-producing facility
- GANNETT FLEMING, INC.: Gannett Fleming/WSP Joint Venture Serving as Construction Management Consultant for Durham-Orange Light Rail
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: LGBT Business Council & Hellertown-Lower Saucon Chamber HALO Benefitting Valley Youth House
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Ribbon Cutting: Penn National Golf Course Club House
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Earth Day Cleanup at Independence Hill
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: National Collegiate Acrobatics & Tumbling Association National Championships
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Community Event Nonprofit Workshop: What's Your Nonprofit Story: Message in a Minute
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Using a Home Test Kit and Smartphone to Test for Kidney Disease