Chester County commissioners unveiled three new investments in Coatesville programs, services and infrastructure this week, attributing the efforts to effective partnerships and cooperation among community leaders and groups, as well as private investors.
Commissioners Terence Farrell, Kathi Cozzone and Michelle Kichline revealed the details of a $500,000 grant for Coatesville. Farrell said the county’s latest Community Revitalization Program (CRP) funds will finance a new two-tier parking garage to support increased commercial activity.
“This half-million-dollar investment complements the CRP award of $700,000 that the county made to Coatesville last year for Lincoln Highway and First Avenue intersection improvements,” Farrell said.“CRP grants have benefited Coatesville and our 15 other urban centers over the past 13 years.”
Cozzone announced a $1.4 million Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) to build a new senior center, expected to serve 1,300-plus patrons daily for counseling, meals and assistance, while Kichline disclosed plans for the county to fund a $130,000 LINK bus-service budget shortfall, stressing the importance of mass-transit infrastructure. With Chester County’s contribution to LINK, the bus line is eligible for a generous additional PennDOT grant to fund service six days a week for the remainder of the year.
Chester County, the first county in Pennsylvania to initiate a strategic planning process, has been named by Forbes.com and Movoto.com as one of America’s best places to raise a family and has been ranked as one of the healthiest counties in Pennsylvania by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and the University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute.
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Geisinger expands access to clinical trials through consortium with five other health systems
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: “Choosing an Appropriate Business Form”
- FRANKLIN COUNTY PA AREA DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION: Herbruck’s celebrates Franklin County warehouse in anticipation of new egg-producing facility
- GANNETT FLEMING, INC.: Gannett Fleming/WSP Joint Venture Serving as Construction Management Consultant for Durham-Orange Light Rail
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: LGBT Business Council & Hellertown-Lower Saucon Chamber HALO Benefitting Valley Youth House
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Ribbon Cutting: Penn National Golf Course Club House
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Earth Day Cleanup at Independence Hill
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: National Collegiate Acrobatics & Tumbling Association National Championships
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Community Event Nonprofit Workshop: What's Your Nonprofit Story: Message in a Minute
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Using a Home Test Kit and Smartphone to Test for Kidney Disease