Alcoa, headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, revealed this week that it will expand its Research & Development site in Upper Burrell Township, Westmoreland County to create at least 90 new full-time positions.
Demonstrating its commitment toward continued growth in Pennsylvania in tandem with the creation of numerous high-paying, skilled positions in the state’s manufacturing sector, Pennsylvania’s workforce stands to benefit from the increased opportunities.
Alcoa will expand operations at the Alcoa Technical Center facility to produce materials designed for a specific range of technologies in the aerospace industry, plus other markets including automotive, medical and building, and construction.
With plans to invest at least $60 million on the project, Alcoa also will ensure the retention of 2,995 current positions over the next three years.
“Alcoa is investing in the next generation of 3D printing for aerospace and beyond,” Chairman and CEO Klaus Kleinfeld said. “Combining our expertise in metal alloys, manufacturing, design and product qualification, we will push beyond the limits of today’s additive manufacturing. This investment strengthens our leadership position in meeting fast-growing demand for aerospace components made using additive technologies.”
Founded in Pittsburgh in 1888, Alcoa is a global leader in lightweight metals technology, engineering and manufacturing, providing leading-edge performance in everything from beverage cans to parts for cars, trucks and jumbo jets.
Since 1998, Alcoa has operated from a classic six-story aluminum and glass structure on Pittsburgh's North Shore with a panoramic river view. Its interior office environment is designed to encourage chance encounters and informal discussions.
"It's a place where people matter,” company spokesman Paul O' Neill said. “The entire building is your office, and within the building everyone works collaboratively."
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Alcoa Corporate Center - Pittsburgh ?
Next time we write about Alcoa Corporate Center - Pittsburgh, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Students spend valuable time at Geisinger Lewistown Hospital
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Paint and Sip- Dragonflies
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Join us for our April Business After Hours networking event at Presque Isle Downs & Casino!
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Community Event: Annual Race Against Violence
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE - EMMAUS: Nazareth Business Council: Nazareth Area Update
- Nationally, public colleges, universities face borrower default rate of 11.28%
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Community Event: Film Screening and Panel Discussion: The Hunting Ground
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE - EMMAUS: Natural Food Group Tour/Luncheon, Whitehall Area Chamber
- GREATER DUBOIS CHAMBER OF COMMERCE & ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT: Clarion University SDBC Workshop: Why Export?
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE - EMMAUS: Lunch & Tour of Vitra. by East Penn Chamber of Commerce and Western Lehigh Chamber of Commerce