The Chester County Commissioners and the Chester County Economic Development Council (CCEDC) are conducting a joint survey in connection with a VISTA 2025 initiative-related Workforce Summit, to be held Oct. 14 at Penn State Great Valley.
The daylong event will assemble employers and educators to focus on workforce issues impacting Chester County. The online survey will gather information on challenges and opportunities facing local businesses as they recruit, train and maintain their workforces, and it will allow the Workforce Summit to identify and develop strategies to address critical labor issues.
“Workforce development is … absolutely critical to the economic health of our county,” CCEDC President and CEO Gary Smith said.
Members of the Chester County business community are highly encouraged to go to www.ccedcpa.com to take the survey by close of business Sept. 4.
VISTA 2025 is a Chester County public-private partnership effort focused on creating and implementing an economic development strategy, based on the fundamental premise that progress and preservation act as complementary elements to support regional economic health, while maintaining the sense of place that makes Chester County so attractive to residents and businesses.
Chester County, the first county in Pennsylvania to initiate a strategic planning process, has been named by Forbes.com and Movoto.com as one of America’s best places to raise a family and is ranked one of the healthiest counties in Pennsylvania by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and the University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute.
For over 50 years, the Chester County Economic Development Council has promoted smart growth in Chester County and the surrounding region. With the support of private and public sectors CCEDC creates programs to improve business and enhance the quality of life in Chester County. For more information, visit www.cceconomicdevelopment.com
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Chester County Economic Development Council ?
Next time we write about Chester County Economic Development Council, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Analysis: Homeowners in Pennsylvania county pay highest property tax rate in U.S.
- 114,405 U.S. borrowers in default on student loans from private, nonprofit schools
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Geisinger expands access to clinical trials through consortium with five other health systems
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: “Choosing an Appropriate Business Form”
- FRANKLIN COUNTY PA AREA DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION: Herbruck’s celebrates Franklin County warehouse in anticipation of new egg-producing facility
- GANNETT FLEMING, INC.: Gannett Fleming/WSP Joint Venture Serving as Construction Management Consultant for Durham-Orange Light Rail
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: LGBT Business Council & Hellertown-Lower Saucon Chamber HALO Benefitting Valley Youth House
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Ribbon Cutting: Penn National Golf Course Club House
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Earth Day Cleanup at Independence Hill
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: National Collegiate Acrobatics & Tumbling Association National Championships