The Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board unanimously voted on Wednesday to renew the Category 1 casino operator's license for Presque Isle Downs, Inc., which operates Presque Isle Casino & Racetrack in Summit Township, Pennsylvania.
The board’s seven members concluded that the facility had fulfilled all obligations under its previous license and authorized a three-year renewal following a practical procedure permitting both the venue and the public to provide input. Casino personnel provided testimony and furnished exhibits relating to the establishment’s functioning, while residents and officials offered response to its impact in the community.
Local government leaders, community groups and the Pennsylvania State Police, along with the Gaming Control Board's Office of Enforcement Counsel, Bureau of Investigations and Enforcement, Office of Compulsive and Problem Gaming, and Casino Compliance, all testified regarding the casino’s performance.
Wednesday's public hearing in Harrisburg also allowed board members to question Presque Isle Downs representatives about any remaining issues before voting on the renewal. A PowerPoint presentation from the hearing can be viewed at www.gamingcontrolboard.pa.gov
Since opening in February 2007, Presque Isle Casino & Racetrack has generated more than $1.4 billion in gross revenue from slot machines and table games, resulting in a return to the commonwealth of almost $765 million in gaming tax revenue.
Presque Isle Casino & Racetrack currently employs 937 personnel, operating more than 1,500 slot machines and 42 table games.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board ?
Next time we write about Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Analysis: Homeowners in Pennsylvania county pay highest property tax rate in U.S.
- 114,405 U.S. borrowers in default on student loans from private, nonprofit schools
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Geisinger expands access to clinical trials through consortium with five other health systems
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: “Choosing an Appropriate Business Form”
- FRANKLIN COUNTY PA AREA DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION: Herbruck’s celebrates Franklin County warehouse in anticipation of new egg-producing facility
- GANNETT FLEMING, INC.: Gannett Fleming/WSP Joint Venture Serving as Construction Management Consultant for Durham-Orange Light Rail
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: LGBT Business Council & Hellertown-Lower Saucon Chamber HALO Benefitting Valley Youth House
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Ribbon Cutting: Penn National Golf Course Club House
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Earth Day Cleanup at Independence Hill
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: National Collegiate Acrobatics & Tumbling Association National Championships