Pittsburgh-based PPG Industries, a leading coating company, has announced the completion of its acquisition of IVC Industrial Coatings Inc., a specialty powder and liquid coatings manufacturer whose 2014 sales exceeded $100,000, the company announced Wednesday.
“This acquisition brings industry-leading powder coatings and a best-in-class manufacturing capability that will strengthen PPG’s position in the industrial coatings market,” Shelley Bausch, PPG vice president of global industrial coatings, said. “We have been impressed with IVC’s strong customer focus and overall business performance, and believe that together we can offer even greater solutions for our customers.”
Founded in 1870 as the Indianapolis Varnish Company, the Indiana-based IVC develops, manufactures and sells coating products for automotive, furniture and electronics industries — products purchased every day by consumers in the form of small appliances, computer and audio-visual equipment. IVC has more than 300 employees in five international plants plus a development lab in Manchester, England.
PPG, founded in 1883, aspires to deliver high quality, innovative and sustainable solutions to protect and beautify products and surroundings through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, it operates in over 70 nations; its reported 2014 net sales were $15.4 billion.
Financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about PPG Industries ?
Next time we write about PPG Industries, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Analysis: Homeowners in Pennsylvania county pay highest property tax rate in U.S.
- 114,405 U.S. borrowers in default on student loans from private, nonprofit schools
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Geisinger expands access to clinical trials through consortium with five other health systems
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: “Choosing an Appropriate Business Form”
- FRANKLIN COUNTY PA AREA DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION: Herbruck’s celebrates Franklin County warehouse in anticipation of new egg-producing facility
- GANNETT FLEMING, INC.: Gannett Fleming/WSP Joint Venture Serving as Construction Management Consultant for Durham-Orange Light Rail
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: LGBT Business Council & Hellertown-Lower Saucon Chamber HALO Benefitting Valley Youth House
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Ribbon Cutting: Penn National Golf Course Club House
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Earth Day Cleanup at Independence Hill
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: National Collegiate Acrobatics & Tumbling Association National Championships