MSA Safety Incorporated, a Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based global safety equipment manufacturer, will acquire United Kingdom-based Latchways plc, a provider of fall protection systems and solutions, for $16.85 per share, the companies announced today.
The proposed cash acquisition, expected to close in October, represents an important step in MSA’s corporate strategy to expand its investment, doubling its fall protection business and positioning itself as one of the world’s largest fall protection providers.
"This acquisition accelerates a key element of our corporate strategy and our core product focus in that it extends our fall protection product offerings, particularly within the area of engineered systems," William M. Lambert, MSA’s chairman, president and CEO, said "Equally important, MSA stands to benefit from Latchways' innovative products and technology…these benefits will broaden our opportunities in the utilities, telecom, construction and aircraft market segments, further balancing MSA's market strengths in the oil and gas and fire service industries,"
The transaction, valued at approximately $191 million, implies an enterprise value for Latchways of approximately $176 million. Lazard is acting as a financial adviser to MSA, and Reed Smith LLP is legal counsel.
Established in 1914, MSA Safety develops, manufactures and supplies safety products protecting people and facility infrastructures. Its products integrate a combination of electronics, mechanical systems and advanced materials to protect users against hazardous or life-threatening situations.
Since 1974, Latchways has protected the safety of individuals working at heights, establishing a reputation for designing, assembling and marketing high-quality fall protection products with high technical and customer support levels.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Reed Smith LLP ?
Next time we write about Reed Smith LLP, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Geisinger expands access to clinical trials through consortium with five other health systems
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: “Choosing an Appropriate Business Form”
- FRANKLIN COUNTY PA AREA DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION: Herbruck’s celebrates Franklin County warehouse in anticipation of new egg-producing facility
- GANNETT FLEMING, INC.: Gannett Fleming/WSP Joint Venture Serving as Construction Management Consultant for Durham-Orange Light Rail
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: LGBT Business Council & Hellertown-Lower Saucon Chamber HALO Benefitting Valley Youth House
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Ribbon Cutting: Penn National Golf Course Club House
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Earth Day Cleanup at Independence Hill
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: National Collegiate Acrobatics & Tumbling Association National Championships
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Community Event Nonprofit Workshop: What's Your Nonprofit Story: Message in a Minute
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Using a Home Test Kit and Smartphone to Test for Kidney Disease