The Department of Human Services (DHS) said on Wednesday that it will upgrade data analytics and technologies to modernize crucial program-integrity functions that block improper and fraudulent payments, such as those made through identify fraud.
"The department makes billions of dollars in payments every year to providers, hospitals, insurance companies and individual recipients," DHS Secretary Ted Dallas said. "Introducing strategies that use data analytics and technology while eliminating cumbersome and error-prone manual processes is a smart way for the department to become more efficient and accurate in the payments we make."
Scheduled changes and actions will include consolidation of the Office of Program Integrity and the Bureau of Program Integrity (BPI), issuing a request for information (RFI) for program integrity data analysis of provider payments, implementing a customer portal for Third Party Liability (TPL), "identity proofing" of program recipients, automating provider enrollment and eliminating manual updating of milestone changes.
"Data analytics is transforming the way that we work across the country," Dallas said. "These innovations can help the department ensure that payments are made only for eligible services while at the same time making it easier for those eligible for benefits to interact with the department."
DHS recovered $582 million in potential improper payments in fiscal year 2014-15. Three-fourths of that amount was made to providers, who represent 98 percent of the total payments annually.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Pennsylvania Department of Human Services ?
Next time we write about Pennsylvania Department of Human Services, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Geisinger expands access to clinical trials through consortium with five other health systems
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: “Choosing an Appropriate Business Form”
- FRANKLIN COUNTY PA AREA DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION: Herbruck’s celebrates Franklin County warehouse in anticipation of new egg-producing facility
- GANNETT FLEMING, INC.: Gannett Fleming/WSP Joint Venture Serving as Construction Management Consultant for Durham-Orange Light Rail
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: LGBT Business Council & Hellertown-Lower Saucon Chamber HALO Benefitting Valley Youth House
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Ribbon Cutting: Penn National Golf Course Club House
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Earth Day Cleanup at Independence Hill
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: National Collegiate Acrobatics & Tumbling Association National Championships
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Community Event Nonprofit Workshop: What's Your Nonprofit Story: Message in a Minute
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Using a Home Test Kit and Smartphone to Test for Kidney Disease