Gov. Tom Wolf said on Tuesday that Tyber Medical, LLC, an orthopedic-device business specializing in implants, will move its manufacturing operations and headquarters to a site in Hanover Township, Northampton County, creating 25 new full-time jobs.
"Tyber Medical's decision to relocate to Pennsylvania and create more than two dozen, high-paying jobs is great news for the region and state," Wolf said. "Medical-device manufacturing is a thriving sector and will continue to create good-paying jobs through the significant reforms proposed in my budget plan."
Relocating from its former base in Morristown, New Jersey, Tyber, which develops and markets implants in the spine and trauma markets, will lease a 4,200-square-foot space. The company expects to invest $386,600 in the transition.
With the governor’s 2015-2016 budget allocating an additional $25 million to the PA First program, the company received a funding proposal from the Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED) to the tune of a $50,000 Pennsylvania First Program grant and $75,000 in Job Creation Tax Credits.
Additionally, the Pennsylvania Industrial Development Authority encouraged Tyber to apply for a $165,000 loan to acquire machinery and equipment.
"We're very pleased that Tyber Medical has chosen … Lehigh Valley," Don Cunningham, Lehigh Valley Economic Development Corporation CEO and president, said. "Health care is the region's leading sector in terms of job creation, and Lehigh Valley boasts many economic assets … including its strong work force, well-developed transportation infrastructure and proximity to major northeastern markets like New York City and Philadelphia."
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development ?
Next time we write about Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Geisinger offers free melanoma screening days at select clinics
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Open Mic with Frank and Bob
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Healthy Kids Day
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: April 25, 2018- Business in the Dawn of the Lost Privacy World Networking Event
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE - EMMAUS: Super Bowl Champion Brent Celek talks NFL, Entrepreneurship, and the power of teamwork!
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Lions Clubs International donates to GWV NICU
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE - EMMAUS: 5th Annual Nonprofit Collaboration Conference featuring Seattle Humor Blogger - Vu Le
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: “SOAR” Spring Weekly Bird Walks
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: 95th Annual Spring Show
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Community Event: Free Shredding Event at First Resource Bank