To increase convenience and choice for the city’s East End and northern suburbs, premium used- and affordable new-tire business Champtires.com has opened a second Pittsburgh location, at 1319 Washington Blvd., the company said on Monday.
Originally operating solely as an e-commerce enterprise, the company began in West Mifflin in 2009 by providing low-cost, high-quality used tires for drivers everywhere in the U.S. Retail and installation centers for Pittsburgh-area customers were added in 2011.
"Opening the Washington Boulevard store will let us easily offer different tire options for Pittsburgh drivers," Brad Rea, Champtires.com's owner and president, said. "We have attracted drivers from across the region to our West Mifflin location, and the new store will just make it more convenient."
The company looks to increase local sales, which account for approximately 40 percent of its total sales, while remaining equally focused on selling tires online. With approximately 100,000 used tires in its inventory, the company can match brand names and tread levels to customers’ existing tires.
"New tires can be extremely expensive, and we have found that consumers want to save money where they can…buying premium used tires is a cost-effective and safe option for drivers," Rea said.
Champtires.com will sponsor a grand-opening celebration at the new Washington Boulevard store on Saturday, July 18, from noon to 3 p.m. The new location has generated three full-time jobs: one manager-level and two customer-service positions.
The West Mifflin location will remain the firm’s headquarters.
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Geisinger expands access to clinical trials through consortium with five other health systems
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: “Choosing an Appropriate Business Form”
- FRANKLIN COUNTY PA AREA DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION: Herbruck’s celebrates Franklin County warehouse in anticipation of new egg-producing facility
- GANNETT FLEMING, INC.: Gannett Fleming/WSP Joint Venture Serving as Construction Management Consultant for Durham-Orange Light Rail
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: LGBT Business Council & Hellertown-Lower Saucon Chamber HALO Benefitting Valley Youth House
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Ribbon Cutting: Penn National Golf Course Club House
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Earth Day Cleanup at Independence Hill
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: National Collegiate Acrobatics & Tumbling Association National Championships
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Community Event Nonprofit Workshop: What's Your Nonprofit Story: Message in a Minute
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Using a Home Test Kit and Smartphone to Test for Kidney Disease