Hub International Limited announced July 2 in Chicago it has acquired Pittsburgh-based The HDH Group Inc., a full-service property and casualty, employee benefits and personal lines agency and brokerage firm with locations throughout Pennsylvania.
HDH brings a unique focus to the transportation, municipalities, healthcare, energy, and construction industries along with alternative risk solutions, Hub International said. HDH chairman Bryan C. Hondru andits CEO Frank G. Mikan will join Hub, and current executive vice president Anthony J. Kocis will become the new president, reporting to Jack McGrath, the Central Region president for Hub International.
“HDH is one of the largest brokerages in western Pennsylvania and they represent tremendous opportunity for Hub to establish a new presence in the region and expand and grow into Pennsylvania and Ohio,” McGrath said. “I … am excited to see Hub enter into this marketplace.”
With solid expertise in employee benefits solutions, Hub said it plans to expand into benefits planning, population health management, employee engagement and communication, health care reform guidance and compliance and exchange technology solutions, and also handle priority claims and underwriting, plus comprehensive risk services through its national carrier network.
“HDH has always taken great pride in the services we provide to our loyal customers,” said president-designate Kocis. “Our decision to join Hub supports our current commercial and personal lines and employee benefits solution structure, while enhancing the added value we bring to our clients.”
Hub International Limited said it is committed to growing organically and through acquisitions to expand its geographic footprint and strengthen industry and product expertise.
- Analysis: 58,361 college athletes play baseball
- BNY MELLON: A New, Alternatives-Focused Investor Reality
- Analysis: Homeowners in Pennsylvania county pay highest property tax rate in U.S.
- 114,405 U.S. borrowers in default on student loans from private, nonprofit schools
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Geisinger expands access to clinical trials through consortium with five other health systems
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: “Choosing an Appropriate Business Form”
- FRANKLIN COUNTY PA AREA DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION: Herbruck’s celebrates Franklin County warehouse in anticipation of new egg-producing facility
- GANNETT FLEMING, INC.: Gannett Fleming/WSP Joint Venture Serving as Construction Management Consultant for Durham-Orange Light Rail
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: LGBT Business Council & Hellertown-Lower Saucon Chamber HALO Benefitting Valley Youth House
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Ribbon Cutting: Penn National Golf Course Club House