Pennsylvania House State Government Committee Majority Chairman Daryl Metcalfe will convene the first of two public hearings focusing on pension system reform legislation at 9 a.m. Tuesday in Harrisburg.
Senate Bill 1, which would dramatically restructure Pennsylvania’s two public employee pension systems—the State Employees’ Retirement System and the Public School Employees’ Retirement System —would amend the education, military affairs and state government sectors of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, extensively revising pension provisions and health insurance for retired public school employees, military personnel and state employees.
Sponsored by Sen. Jake Corman, the legislation was referred to the state House of Representatives on May 14.
Testimony will be provided by Jon DeArment of Channelock, Inc.; Joseph Kovel from the Pennsylvania State Troopers Association; Greg Mennis of The Pew Charitable Trusts; James Miles of Penn State University; and Roy Pinto from the Pennsylvania State Corrections Officers Association.
The event, which will be held in Room 140 of the Main Capitol, will be live-streamed on the Internet. It will be accessible by logging on to RepMetcalfe.com beginning at 8:55 a.m. Tuesday.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about any of these organizations ?
Next time we write about any of these organizations, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Geisinger expands access to clinical trials through consortium with five other health systems
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: “Choosing an Appropriate Business Form”
- FRANKLIN COUNTY PA AREA DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION: Herbruck’s celebrates Franklin County warehouse in anticipation of new egg-producing facility
- GANNETT FLEMING, INC.: Gannett Fleming/WSP Joint Venture Serving as Construction Management Consultant for Durham-Orange Light Rail
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: LGBT Business Council & Hellertown-Lower Saucon Chamber HALO Benefitting Valley Youth House
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Ribbon Cutting: Penn National Golf Course Club House
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Earth Day Cleanup at Independence Hill
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: National Collegiate Acrobatics & Tumbling Association National Championships
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Community Event Nonprofit Workshop: What's Your Nonprofit Story: Message in a Minute
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Using a Home Test Kit and Smartphone to Test for Kidney Disease