The City of Pittsburgh will host two Deliberative Forums where citizens can share ideas on the 2016 budget, on Wednesday in Greenfield and June 22 in South Side.
Open to each area's residents, the forums are intended to give communities an opportunity to understand the budget and add their voices to the decision-making process.
Each session will include an overview of the budgeting process, small-group discussions of budget priorities and residents’ needs, and opportunities for questions and answers with an expert panel.
Residents also will have the chance to let the city know of specific infrastructure work that they would like to see done in their neighborhoods in 2016. At the end of each session, attendees will be asked to complete a survey to add their ideas to the budgeting process.
The first session is set for Wednesday, 6-8:30 p.m., at the Healthy Active Living Center, 745 Greenfield Ave., in Greenfield. The second session will be Monday, June 22, 6-8:30 p.m. at South Side Market House, 1 Bedford Square, in South Side.
Participants are requested to register in advance by calling 412-255-4773 or through the website at http://pittsburghpa.gov/omb/capitalbudget. Walk-in registration also will be available on the day of the forum.
Both events will provide refreshments.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about The City of Pittsburgh ?
Next time we write about The City of Pittsburgh, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Analysis: Homeowners in Pennsylvania county pay highest property tax rate in U.S.
- 114,405 U.S. borrowers in default on student loans from private, nonprofit schools
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Geisinger expands access to clinical trials through consortium with five other health systems
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: “Choosing an Appropriate Business Form”
- FRANKLIN COUNTY PA AREA DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION: Herbruck’s celebrates Franklin County warehouse in anticipation of new egg-producing facility
- GANNETT FLEMING, INC.: Gannett Fleming/WSP Joint Venture Serving as Construction Management Consultant for Durham-Orange Light Rail
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: LGBT Business Council & Hellertown-Lower Saucon Chamber HALO Benefitting Valley Youth House
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Ribbon Cutting: Penn National Golf Course Club House
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Earth Day Cleanup at Independence Hill
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: National Collegiate Acrobatics & Tumbling Association National Championships