Potential enhancement to York City’s downtown landscape may be just around the corner -- via an upcoming change of hands for the One Marketway West building on Continental Square, the board of commissioners revealed May 27.
The board authorized the sale of the flagship locale. President Commissioner Steve Chronister and Solicitor Mike Flannelly will oversee the implementation of documents pertaining to the handover. The buyer is One West LLC, and closing is expected this week for a purchase price of $780,000.
Not without its history, the building was taken over by the county in 2013 following a default in mortgage payments by its previous owner, who had bought the structure in 2002 but ceased making payments as of June 2012. The commissioners approved the building’s sale later that year and have continued to manage the property while the buyer completed due diligence.
“This is an excellent deal for taxpayers because it eliminates our responsibility to manage the building and generates a fair purchase price,” Chronister said. “But perhaps most importantly over the long term, it puts One Marketway West into the hands of an owner passionate about its revitalization. With the right vision, the building has the potential to serve as a major part of the ongoing revitalization of Continental Square and downtown York.”
At present, the mixed-use parcel has eight tenants, with most of the interior currently vacant. The building’s total area is 140,722 square feet.
- GREAT PHILADELPHIA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Gear Up for Small Business Growth
- GETTYSBURG ADAMS CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Economic Outlook Breakfast
- GANNETT FLEMING, INC.: Gannett Fleming Wins MTA LIRR Design-Build Contract
- EXTON REGION CHAMBEROF COMMERCE: Giving Has Never Tasted So Good – Sweet Charity 2018
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Reception for US Congressman Charlie Dent
- 585,402 U.S. borrowers in default on student loans
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: 2018 Commercial Real Estate Outlook
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Manufacturing Advanced Expo Coming May 10th
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Frankie Results NUTRITION WORKSHOP
- FNB CORPORATION: F.N.B. Corporation Schedules First Quarter 2018 Earnings Report and Conference Call