Pennsylvania's Bucks County Commissioners Robert Loughery, Diane Ellis-Marseglia and Charles Martin voted on 34 agenda items during a visit to the Bensalam Senior Center on Wednesday.
Prior to voting on measures, May was designated as Older Americans Month throughout the county; this came with a reminder about the 33rd annual Bucks County Senior Games that is set to take place the first week of June.
A total of 33 contract resolutions were passed in a unanimous fashion. The 34th item was tabled for a later and more in-depth discussion: a three-year purchasing agreement regarding microfilm services for county court clerks that amounts to $215,730.
Among the contract resolutions were a one-year public health preparedness equipment storage with two local companies, a contract on behalf of the District Attorney's Office that would fund the Insurance Fraud Prevention Authority and a separate grant that would help finance the Juvenile Probation Department and would support further awards through the PCCD Victims of Juvenile Offenders Grant.
Three human resources union contracts were approved. According to the announcement, this approval impacts 400 county employees. They included four-year renewals for the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees Unit 05 for court employees and row officers, along with the International Union of Operating Engineers Unit 02.
Residents of the center were also reminded of an upcoming waste removal event for the elimination of hazardous waste.
The next commissioner board meeting will take place on May 20 at 6:00 p.m., in the Bucks County Administrative Building in Doylestown, Pennsylvania.
Organizations in this Story
- Q&A with Brookville Area Chamber of Commerce executive director
- QUAKER CHEMICAL CORPORATION: Showcasing Mining Compliance Solutions and Technical Expertise
- PENNSYLVANIA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS: Homebuyers Report Rapid Success In Finding A Home
- F.N.B. CORPORATION: Again Recognized by Greenwich Associates for Excellence in Banking
- INDEPENDENCE BLUE CROSS: Removes cost sharing for naloxone and Narcan
- ENTERCOM COMMUNICATIONS CORP.: Names Jim McCloud as Executive Vice President of National Business Development
- HEALTH PARTNER PLANS: Groundbreaking Partnership Connects Homeless People to Vital Health Care Services
- DIVERSIFIED SEARCH: Molly A. Robb Joins Diversified Search
- HFF: Announces $160M Sale and Financing of 1600 Market in Philadelphia’s CBD
- NATIONAL DISEASE RESEARCH INTERCHANGE: Internationally Renowned Lung Disease Expert Joins NDRI Board