The public is invited to a joint Cumberland County Commissioner and Judicial Candidates Forum at Dickinson College’s Anita Tuvin Schlechter (ATS) Auditorium on Tuesday.
Seven candidates are running for three open commissioner positions. The forum for commissioner will begin at 7 p.m., moderated by Michelle Crowley, president and CEO of the Greater Carlisle Area Chamber of Commerce. Each entrant will make a brief statement and take two audience questions.
The seven candidates running for county commissioner are Republicans Barb Cross, Gary Eichelberger, Vince DiFilippo and Rick Schin; and Democrats Jim Hertzler, Dashell Fittry and Rick Rovegno.
Judicial aspirants will make statements starting at 8 p.m., with six candidates vying for the one open seat on the Cumberland County Court of Common Pleas: Jessica Brewbaker, Lisa Grayson, Carrie Hyams, Rob Kline, Matt Smith and Michael Whare.
Following brief individual statements, Cumberland County Bar Foundation Chairman Tony DeLuca will moderate, reading selected written submitted questions from the public. A meet-and-greet reception with all candidates will be held following the judicial forum.
Primaries are slated for May 19 with each party’s top two contenders earning a place on November’s election ballot.
The college auditorium is at 360 W. Louther St. in Carlisle.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Carlisle Area Chamber of Commerce ?
Next time we write about Carlisle Area Chamber of Commerce, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Lions Clubs International donates to GWV NICU
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE - EMMAUS: 5th Annual Nonprofit Collaboration Conference featuring Seattle Humor Blogger - Vu Le
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: “SOAR” Spring Weekly Bird Walks
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: 95th Annual Spring Show
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Community Event: Free Shredding Event at First Resource Bank
- Analysis: Homeowners in Pennsylvania metro area pay highest property tax rate in U.S.
- Analysis: College athletics grossed $31,832 per athlete in 2016
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Students spend valuable time at Geisinger Lewistown Hospital
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Paint and Sip- Dragonflies
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Join us for our April Business After Hours networking event at Presque Isle Downs & Casino!