The Pennsylvania’s Gaming Control Board reported on Monday that last month’s slot machine revenue from state casinos increased 4.1 percent over that of April 2014, with Lady Luck Casino Nemacolin leading the figures at an impressive 21.32 percent increase.
April’s gross slot machine play revenue was $205,894,827, compared to $197,760,977 gross revenue in April 2014, the board reported.
With 12 casinos operating throughout Pennsylvania, the gaming industry is providing a healthy injection of funds into the state’s economy. Alongside the above numbers, the board also announced that the commonwealth realized a total of nearly $110 million in tax revenue alone during April.
The majority of the facilities posted positive gains, with nine operations showing increases. Improvements were seen in the Parx, Rivers, Sugarhouse and Mohegan Sun Pocono casinos; the Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem; Harrah's Philadelphia Casino and Racetrack; Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course; and Valley Forge Casino Resort, as well as Lady Luck.
Only three casinos posted net losses, including: The Meadows Casino, Mount Airy Casino Resort, and Presque Isle Downs and Casino.
The average number of operating slot machines statewide was 26,265 this April, compared to 26,527 in April 2014.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board ?
Next time we write about Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Ribbon Cutting: Penn National Golf Course Club House
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Earth Day Cleanup at Independence Hill
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: National Collegiate Acrobatics & Tumbling Association National Championships
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Community Event Nonprofit Workshop: What's Your Nonprofit Story: Message in a Minute
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Using a Home Test Kit and Smartphone to Test for Kidney Disease
- Analysis: Homeowners in Honolulu pay lowest property tax rate in U.S.
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Geisinger offers free melanoma screening days at select clinics
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Open Mic with Frank and Bob
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Healthy Kids Day
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: April 25, 2018- Business in the Dawn of the Lost Privacy World Networking Event