Montgomery County is holding a Revitalizing Business Parks seminar from 2-4 p.m.Wednesday at the Upper Dublin Township Building, 801 Loch Alsh Ave. in Fort Washington.
The seminar is open to the public. It will explore the topic of bringing new life to older business parks and examine strategic infrastructure improvement, new development and zoning codes, marketing and enhanced mobility and access.
Montgomery County Planning Commission Executive Director Jody Holton encourages citizens to come hear how expected changes will tie in with plans for improvement in transportation access. “Montgomery County is home to over 500,000 jobs. We are seeing increasing demand for workplaces that are dynamic and healthy - with outdoor gathering spaces, trails, restaurants, events, and opportunities to live near work,” Holton said.
Highlights will include a panel of professionals from the fields of economic and general development, municipal management, business improvement and planning. Attendees will be able to view the Turnpike Corridor Reinvestment Study, a project focused on reviving business parks in the turnpike vicinity between the Valley Forge and the Willow Grove interchanges.
Wednesday’s seminar is part of the series Planning Smarter Montco 2015, a Montgomery County initiative offering planning education and outreach throughout the year; it corresponds to the “Vibrant Economy” theme of Montco 2040: A Shared Vision, Montgomery County’s new comprehensive plan.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Montgomery County Planning Commission ?
Next time we write about Montgomery County Planning Commission, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Ribbon Cutting: Penn National Golf Course Club House
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Earth Day Cleanup at Independence Hill
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: National Collegiate Acrobatics & Tumbling Association National Championships
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Community Event Nonprofit Workshop: What's Your Nonprofit Story: Message in a Minute
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Using a Home Test Kit and Smartphone to Test for Kidney Disease
- Analysis: Homeowners in Honolulu pay lowest property tax rate in U.S.
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Geisinger offers free melanoma screening days at select clinics
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Open Mic with Frank and Bob
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Healthy Kids Day
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: April 25, 2018- Business in the Dawn of the Lost Privacy World Networking Event