The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) said Friday that JEM Group, LLC, a Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, construction firm owned by Jessica Meyers, has been named its Eastern Pennsylvania Woman-Owned Business of the Year.
As a woman-owned company, JEM Group will be officially honored at 1 p.m. Thursday at the Susquehanna Art Museum, 1401 N. Third St., Harrisburg. Interview and photo opportunities will be available at the event.
“Jessica is a treasure in the field of construction, breaking down barriers and stereotypes to conquer an industry where women employees are uncommon and women leaders are especially rare,” Harrisburg Regional Chamber & CREDC (Capital Region Economic Development Corporation) Director of Business Finance
Melissa McLaughlin said.
Meyers founded her company in October 2003 to provide personalized construction services throughout the state. The business offers design build, construction and management services to clients ranging from corporate office, health care and education to institutional, retail and light industrial firms.
JEM Group’s strength derives from its deep commitment to customer service. “(We) have one primary goal – to meet and exceed the expectations of our customers. We do this by listening to our clients, understanding the unique expectations on each project and by providing creative building solutions to our clients,” Meyers said.
The company received logistical assistance from SBA resource partner Kutztown University prior to start-up and during its early years.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Harrisburg Regional Chamber & CREDC ?
Next time we write about Harrisburg Regional Chamber & CREDC, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- GREATER DUBOIS CHAMBER OF COMMERCE & ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT: Clarion University SDBC Workshop: Why Export?
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE - EMMAUS: Lunch & Tour of Vitra. by East Penn Chamber of Commerce and Western Lehigh Chamber of Commerce
- CHESTER COUNTY PA: County Commissioners proclaim April as Fair Housing Month
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Join Chester County Hospital in raising awareness about organ, eye and tissue donation
- CUMBERLAND COUNTY, PA: Recycling & Waste Authority Monday, April 16, 2018
- Analysis: Pennsylvania homeowners pay the sixth highest property tax rate in the U.S.
- 306,553 U.S. borrowers in default on student loans from public colleges, universities
- DAUPHIN COUNTY, PENNSYLVANIA: Dauphin County Commissioners and Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. to host free paper shredding event in celebration of Earth Day
- DAUPHN COUNTY, PENNSYLVANIA: Northern Dauphin Human Services Center and Valley Strong initiative to host career fair on April 20
- GANNETT FLEMING, INC.: Two Gannett Fleming Projects Receive ACEC NY Diamond Awards