Brimming with 250-plus guests, achieving peaceful opposition to tax increases and displaying backing for critical legislative reforms, Small Business Day in Harrisburg last month successfully showcased the strength of Pennsylvania’s small business community.
Events including a dinner and Capitol Hill conversations allowed business owners an opportunity to voice concerns and show support for issues affecting their livelihood. Attendees from all avenues were audience to remarks by Lt. Gov. Mike Stack, House Speaker Mike Turzai and Pittsburgh Pirates President Frank Coonelly at the event’s first Small Business Day Dinner on April 20.
Lawmakers, lobbyists and entrepreneurs mingled as nearly 30 congressmen, state senators, state representatives and state cabinet officials joined business owners in a dialog during the event.
The National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB) was key in blocking a committee vote on two tax increases as well as assisting in legislation to prevent union bullying. The association also awarded five regional youth with 2015 Young Entrepreneur Scholarships and recognized local members for their loyalty.
NFIB, headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, maintains an office in Harrisburg. Its lobbying efforts are focused on the impact of current and proposed legislation on primarily small businesses and professional practices mainly at the federal and state levels of government.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about National Federation of Independent Business/Illinois ?
Next time we write about National Federation of Independent Business/Illinois, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Ribbon Cutting: Penn National Golf Course Club House
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Earth Day Cleanup at Independence Hill
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: National Collegiate Acrobatics & Tumbling Association National Championships
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Community Event Nonprofit Workshop: What's Your Nonprofit Story: Message in a Minute
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Using a Home Test Kit and Smartphone to Test for Kidney Disease
- Analysis: Homeowners in Honolulu pay lowest property tax rate in U.S.
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Geisinger offers free melanoma screening days at select clinics
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Open Mic with Frank and Bob
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Healthy Kids Day
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: April 25, 2018- Business in the Dawn of the Lost Privacy World Networking Event