Rep. Chaka Fattah (D-PA) was honored by the National Disease Research Interchange (NDRI) in Philadelphia Tuesday for his leadership in Congress on behalf of medical research.
The tribute to Fattah’s longtime commitment to the medical community came at NDRI’s spring board meeting, following his attendance the evening before at the President’s Dinner for the 152nd Annual Meeting of the National Academy of Sciences as a guest of Academy President Ralph Cicerone.
The NDRI award acknowledges Fattah’s commitment to elevate neuroscience to a top priority for the U.S. government.
“The National Disease Research Interchange is pleased to recognize Congressman Chaka Fattah for his strong, sustained support of federal investment in medical and health research,” NDRI President and CEO
Bill Leinweber said. “Congressman Fattah is a champion for the health and economic benefits that accrue from investment in research.”
As ranking member on the Appropriations Subcommittee on Commerce, Justice and Science, Fattah has been a strong advocate for medical research. He recently reintroduced America’s FOCUS Act and has also sponsored a policy initiative titled the Fattah Neuroscience Initiative, with goals of coordinating federal neuroscience activity, increasing public-private partnerships regarding brain research, and expanding research collaboration internationally.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about National Disease Research Interchange ?
Next time we write about National Disease Research Interchange, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Lions Clubs International donates to GWV NICU
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE - EMMAUS: 5th Annual Nonprofit Collaboration Conference featuring Seattle Humor Blogger - Vu Le
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: “SOAR” Spring Weekly Bird Walks
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: 95th Annual Spring Show
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Community Event: Free Shredding Event at First Resource Bank
- Analysis: Homeowners in Pennsylvania metro area pay highest property tax rate in U.S.
- Analysis: College athletics grossed $31,832 per athlete in 2016
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Students spend valuable time at Geisinger Lewistown Hospital
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Paint and Sip- Dragonflies
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Join us for our April Business After Hours networking event at Presque Isle Downs & Casino!