Pittsburgh's city council approved a proposed audit last week for city authorities to quantify how much they contribute to the city coffers.
The resolution, which calls for an audit of the Sports & Exhibition Authority and Stadium Authority, will examine "annual revenue remitted to the city from the amusement tax, parking tax, payroll tax, earned income tax, real estate tax and facilities usage fee" from 2009 through 2013, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
The audit scheduled to be completed by the beginning of the year and will list land owned and sold by the city authorities since 2000, including information such as the sale price, ensuing taxes paid to the city as a result of the sale and the date of purchase.
"This is actually a really cut-and-dry audit in the strictest sense of the word," Pittsburgh Councilwoman Natalia Rudiak, who sponsored the measure after fielding questions from residents over how much revenue the city receives from sports and entertainment facilities, said, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports. "I thought it would be helpful to have a document that does illustrate that over†time."
The full council will vote on the measure on Tuesday.
- Q&A with Brookville Area Chamber of Commerce executive director
- QUAKER CHEMICAL CORPORATION: Showcasing Mining Compliance Solutions and Technical Expertise
- PENNSYLVANIA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS: Homebuyers Report Rapid Success In Finding A Home
- F.N.B. CORPORATION: Again Recognized by Greenwich Associates for Excellence in Banking
- INDEPENDENCE BLUE CROSS: Removes cost sharing for naloxone and Narcan
- ENTERCOM COMMUNICATIONS CORP.: Names Jim McCloud as Executive Vice President of National Business Development
- HEALTH PARTNER PLANS: Groundbreaking Partnership Connects Homeless People to Vital Health Care Services
- DIVERSIFIED SEARCH: Molly A. Robb Joins Diversified Search
- HFF: Announces $160M Sale and Financing of 1600 Market in Philadelphia’s CBD
- NATIONAL DISEASE RESEARCH INTERCHANGE: Internationally Renowned Lung Disease Expert Joins NDRI Board