The Pennsylvania AFL-CIO recently endorsed Tom Wolf for the gubernatorial seat in the upcoming November election.
Wolf received unanimous endorsement from members of the AFL-CIO Executive Council, which represents more than 800,000 union workers in the state.
"Tom Wolf will provide a new direction for Pennsylvania one in which working men and women are part of the solution instead of being viewed as the cause of the problems," Pennsylvania AFL-CIO President Rick Bloomingdale said. "Tom Wolf believes as we do that the best is yet to come and by bringing people and institutions together we can recapture and regrow the good jobs and decent wages that provide economic opportunities for all workers."
Pennsylvania AFL-CIO Secretary-Treasurer Frank Snyder said Wolf has prioritized issues that are important to the state's voters.
"Mr. Wolf understands that you grow an economy from the ground up and not from the top down," Snyder said. "We will work just as hard in supporting and electing Tom Wolf governor, as we are doing to defend good jobs, defend decent pensions, and defend our rights to a strong voice in the workplace and in politics."
Wolf expressed his support for the state's middle class and vowed to strengthen the state's economy.
"At my company, I paid my workers a living wage, gave them great benefits, and even shared 20 to 30 percent of my profits with them," Wolf said. "I will bring this same level of fairness to governing, and I will restore Tom Corbett's drastic cuts to education and give our Commonwealth a fresh start."
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Ribbon Cutting: Penn National Golf Course Club House
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Earth Day Cleanup at Independence Hill
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: National Collegiate Acrobatics & Tumbling Association National Championships
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Community Event Nonprofit Workshop: What's Your Nonprofit Story: Message in a Minute
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Using a Home Test Kit and Smartphone to Test for Kidney Disease
- Analysis: Homeowners in Honolulu pay lowest property tax rate in U.S.
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Geisinger offers free melanoma screening days at select clinics
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Open Mic with Frank and Bob
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Healthy Kids Day
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: April 25, 2018- Business in the Dawn of the Lost Privacy World Networking Event