The Pennsylvania House Judiciary and Health committees will hold a joint hearing to focus on the practical implications of legalizing medicinal cannabis in the state, including its impact of the law enforcement community, Wednesday at 9:30 a.m. in Room 140 of the Main Capitol Building in Harrisburg, according to the Pennsylvania House Republican Caucus.
Rep. Matt Baker (R-Tioga/Bradford/Potter), chairman of the House Health Committee, and Ron Marsico (R-Dauphin), chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, will hold the combined hearing. Expected to be in attendance are members of the legislators' respective committees along with representatives from at least nine regional organizations.
The agenda will include opening remarks by the House committee chairs, followed by scheduled commentary or discussion from the following associations:
Beacon; Pennsylvania District Attorneys Association; Veritec; Pennsylvania Fraternal Order of Police; Drug & Alcohol Service Providers Organization of Pennsylvania; Gaudenzia Inc.; Pennsylvanians for Rational Drug Policy; Pennsylvania Chiefs of Police Association; and Communities That Care Southeast Regional Educational Outreach Committee.
Written testimony will be submitted by the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.
The event will be web-streamed live and can be viewed at www.RonMarsico.com, www.RepBaker.com and www.PAHouseGOP.com.
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Students spend valuable time at Geisinger Lewistown Hospital
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Paint and Sip- Dragonflies
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Join us for our April Business After Hours networking event at Presque Isle Downs & Casino!
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Community Event: Annual Race Against Violence
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE - EMMAUS: Nazareth Business Council: Nazareth Area Update
- Nationally, public colleges, universities face borrower default rate of 11.28%
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Community Event: Film Screening and Panel Discussion: The Hunting Ground
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE - EMMAUS: Natural Food Group Tour/Luncheon, Whitehall Area Chamber
- GREATER DUBOIS CHAMBER OF COMMERCE & ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT: Clarion University SDBC Workshop: Why Export?
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE - EMMAUS: Lunch & Tour of Vitra. by East Penn Chamber of Commerce and Western Lehigh Chamber of Commerce