UGI Utilities, Inc. said Tuesday it signed a contract with Invenergy affiliate Lackawanna Energy Center, LLC to service a proposed natural-gas powered facility in Jessup, Pennsylvania.
UGI Utilities will upgrade 19 miles of existing pipeline and construct approximately three miles of new pipeline to increase system capability and prepare for future regional growth.
UGI Utilities will deliver natural gas to the Jessup power generation plant through its existing infrastructure via interstate and midstream pipelines connected to local Marcellus Shale wells.
“UGI is pleased to partner with Invenergy to make this project a reality,” UGI Utilities President and CEO Robert Beard said. “We applaud Invenergy for making this significant investment in the commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and thank them for choosing UGI Utilities as their trusted partner to supply fuel to this facility.”
A wholly owned subsidiary of UGI Corp., UGI is headquartered in Reading. It serves 670,000 Pennsylvania residents throughout 46 counties, as well as one county in Maryland. Invenergy is based in Chicago.
“Pennsylvania’s Marcellus Shale production continues to provide consumers in the commonwealth with a plentiful, affordable supply of natural gas. Expanding the availability of this clean and economic energy source is a ‘win’ for Invenergy, UGI, the residents of Jessup, and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.” Beard said.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about UGI Utilities, Inc. ?
Next time we write about UGI Utilities, Inc., we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Students spend valuable time at Geisinger Lewistown Hospital
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Paint and Sip- Dragonflies
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Join us for our April Business After Hours networking event at Presque Isle Downs & Casino!
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Community Event: Annual Race Against Violence
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE - EMMAUS: Nazareth Business Council: Nazareth Area Update
- Nationally, public colleges, universities face borrower default rate of 11.28%
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Community Event: Film Screening and Panel Discussion: The Hunting Ground
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE - EMMAUS: Natural Food Group Tour/Luncheon, Whitehall Area Chamber
- GREATER DUBOIS CHAMBER OF COMMERCE & ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT: Clarion University SDBC Workshop: Why Export?
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE - EMMAUS: Lunch & Tour of Vitra. by East Penn Chamber of Commerce and Western Lehigh Chamber of Commerce