Having named its 2015 National Small Business Week winners, the Eastern Pennsylvania District Office of the U.S. Small Business Administration will recognize honorees at special events in May and June, it was announced March 31 in Philadelphia, Pa.
This year’s National Small Business Week is slated for May 4 to 8. Additionally, the association’s annual “SBA Day at the Ballpark” will feature a networking luncheon, an awards ceremony and a Phillies game at Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia. The festivities will commence at 10:00 a.m. on June 18 at the “XFINITY Live! Philadelphia” restaurant located at 1100 Pattison Ave., Philadelphia.
Six individuals and businesses will be honored, including Joseph G. Zidik, president and CEO of Custom Milling & Consulting, Inc. in Fleetwood; CounterTek Inc. of Ephrata; Talluto's Authentic Italian Food Inc. of Folcroft; Swain Techs, in Horsham; Alpha Architect, LLC, of Broomall; and JEM Group, LLC, of Harrisburg.
The Small Business Administration has given these awards annually since 1963. This year’s theme is “SBA: Dream Big, Start Small.” The organization’s administrator, Maria Contreras-Sweet, will coordinate events in Miami, Fla., Los Angeles and San Antonio, Calif., New York, N.Y., and Washington, D.C., where the national winners will be presented. Additionally, various events will be held throughout the SBA’s ten regions and 68 districts during May and June.
More details will be posted as events are confirmed. More information can be found at www.sba.gov/smallbusinessweek.
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Students spend valuable time at Geisinger Lewistown Hospital
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Paint and Sip- Dragonflies
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Join us for our April Business After Hours networking event at Presque Isle Downs & Casino!
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Community Event: Annual Race Against Violence
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE - EMMAUS: Nazareth Business Council: Nazareth Area Update
- Nationally, public colleges, universities face borrower default rate of 11.28%
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Community Event: Film Screening and Panel Discussion: The Hunting Ground
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE - EMMAUS: Natural Food Group Tour/Luncheon, Whitehall Area Chamber
- GREATER DUBOIS CHAMBER OF COMMERCE & ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT: Clarion University SDBC Workshop: Why Export?
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE - EMMAUS: Lunch & Tour of Vitra. by East Penn Chamber of Commerce and Western Lehigh Chamber of Commerce