Leading drug-delivery firm Particle Sciences said on Monday that it has attained the legal right to create and use technology incorporated into its SATx platform.
Having received a Notice of Allowance, Particle Sciences will benefit from the technology’s new patent with its addition to the firm’s drug-delivery intellectual property portfolio.
The platform, which involves several structures combining nanoparticles with surface-bound large molecules, has a variety of potential applications in subspecialties such as oncology and vaccination.
Particle Sciences CEO Mark Mitchnick underscored the relevance of the achievement, explaining that the idea was recently well-received by the Washington, D.C.-based American Chemical Society. “Using this platform, we are able to offer our clients a real alternative to typical ADC approaches, one that can be rapidly prototyped and does not require the use of any new chemical entities,” Mitchnick said.
"Particle Sciences has made a significant investment in both the formulation and analytic support of biologics," Robert Becker, the company's vice president of biopharmaceutical sales and business development, said. "The SATx technology…gives our clients new options for improving the potency, safety, and utility of both large- and small-molecule therapeutics that can't be found elsewhere. For clients looking to leverage their new biopharmaceuticals and vaccines, and those seeking to develop "bio-betters," the SATx platform should be seriously considered and evaluated."
Particle Sciences is an integrated provider of drug development services. The Bethlehem-based company was founded in 1991 and aims to provide pharmaceutical companies with a seamless development solution that minimizes the time and risk between discovery and the clinic.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about American Chemical Society ?
Next time we write about American Chemical Society, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Geisinger offers free melanoma screening days at select clinics
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Open Mic with Frank and Bob
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Healthy Kids Day
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: April 25, 2018- Business in the Dawn of the Lost Privacy World Networking Event
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE - EMMAUS: Super Bowl Champion Brent Celek talks NFL, Entrepreneurship, and the power of teamwork!
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Lions Clubs International donates to GWV NICU
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE - EMMAUS: 5th Annual Nonprofit Collaboration Conference featuring Seattle Humor Blogger - Vu Le
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: “SOAR” Spring Weekly Bird Walks
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: 95th Annual Spring Show
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Community Event: Free Shredding Event at First Resource Bank